PDA

View Full Version : Deep hollowing tool.

fozz
13th April 2014, 08:56 PM
G'day Folks,

Now that I have a good lathe its opened up ideas for different types of turning that I'd like to try. Being a full time student this year doesn't leave a lot of spare funds to buy new toys and as I have all these ideas screaming at me, the first some deep hollowing, it was decided that the only thing to do was make the tool. Searching through the greatest source of information on everything, Youtube, I came across a gentleman who calls himself Captain Eddie who just happened to have made a deep hollowing tool and captured tool holder/post made from bits and pieces he had laying around.

So being a good "bloke" and adhering to the rule of never throw anything away I went through all the bits and pieces in the shed and after some cutting, grinding, drilling and welding this appeared on the lathe...310284310283 and it works a treat :)

mat_au
13th April 2014, 09:22 PM
yes he is very good look up carl jacobson as well. ill give u a call soon been busy with the misses. i can bring my deep hollower for you to look at if u like

fozz
13th April 2014, 09:31 PM
Take your time Matt, no rush, and by all means bring your hollowing tool. As for Carl, I think he was one of the first I subscribed to :)