and finally rounded them off,,,,,,,,
Not a bad afternoon, s work :U
Cheers smiife :2tsup:

Hermit
20th April 2014, 11:56 PM
Nice. What I'd give for that wheelbarrow-load. Have fun. :cool:

SNAFU11
21st April 2014, 06:59 AM
Nice lot of blanks you got there smife,Will look forward to seeing them turned...Great pickup with the chain sharpener as well mate :2tsup:

Mick!!!

smiife
21st April 2014, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the replies guys,
Anyone have any ideas on sealing
where to get sealer, which is best
how much etc???..
Cheers smiife:2tsup:

chuck1
21st April 2014, 11:23 PM
wow! if I lived closer I would swap you sealer for chainsaw Sharpening! I use Mobil surim!
lots of projects in the wheelie barrow! looks great!

Hermit
22nd April 2014, 12:11 AM
Another option is wax.
I've never sealed anything, always bought dry seasoned timber so far, but the blanks I've bought from the Woodsmith have the ends sealed with wax, apparently just dipped into a container of hot wax.

smiife
22nd April 2014, 08:42 PM
wtha ifitI lived closer I would swap you sealer for chainsaw Sharpening! I use Mobil surim!
lots of projects in the wheelie barrow! looks great!

Hi chuckie
How much do you pay for a litre ?
The sharpeners are not that dear , I think it was
around $30/$40 on ebay

Another option is wax.
I've never sealed anything, always bought dry seasoned timber so far, but the blanks I've bought from the Woodsmith have the ends sealed with wax, apparently just dipped into a container of hot wax.
Hi hermit,
Yeah I have thought about wax, just a bit messy
I would have thought ?
Just opening a can and paint It on seems easier
Cheers smiife:2tsup:

dougturner
22nd April 2014, 09:50 PM
Mobilcer M is the product you need. I haven't bought any for quite a while as it used to be available from any Mobil outlet in 20 litre drums, and 20 litres lasts a loooooooooooong time. I have only ever used it on wet wood, and it just paints on with a brush. Mobilcer M is a white liquid wax by-product of the oil refining process, goes on white and then "dries" to a clear tacky waxy finish. Over 25 years I have hardly lost a blank through splitting, but I do coat all surfaces, not just end grain. Best of luck.

chuck1
23rd April 2014, 06:02 PM
I have never paid for it my mate bought some and gave me some then I was cleaning out a shed for a lady and found 2 litres which she said I could have!