PDA

View Full Version : What do you think

Auskart
24th April 2014, 07:45 AM
What are your thoughts on this collet set.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ER32-19-PCS-SPRING-COLLETS-SET-2-20mm-ER32-Collet-For-CNC-Engraving-machine-new-/310939467560?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item48656fbf28

texx
24th April 2014, 08:48 AM
probably not much wrong with them and they will work just like the chinese ones i have that i got from CTC . but i personally would not deal with a seller with a feedback rating like the one he has ,

johno

Ueee
24th April 2014, 09:26 AM
Yes the feedback is a little disturbing, but the worst is i don't think they are sent from Australia. They are half the price of a CTC set posted though.

Ew

BobL
24th April 2014, 09:37 AM
I always worry about buying from places like this

We are a professional trading company specializing in Health & Beauty ,Business & Industrial, Consumer electronics and so on. We will always do our up most to exceed your expectations in customer service, communication and dispatching of your orders.Best wishes !!

IT's unlikely these guys know anything about their product therefore when something goes wrong there's zero help. not that there's much that can go wong with a set of collets.

simonl
24th April 2014, 10:27 AM
Hi there,

I dare say they will be pretty much the same as my collets I got through CTC tools. I have been happy with mine, they do the job. The seller probably knows very little about what collets are used for but they don't really need to. I doubt they even come into contact with their products. The seller receives your order, they send a dispatch request (or similar) to the warehouse in China and it gets dispatched to your address. Probably not the place to be buying expensive machine tools from since backup and after sales service would be zero but for a collet set, where pretty much nothing can really go wrong it should be OK.

As mentioned above, I look very closely at feedback scores when deciding on one seller over another. Identical items and similar price, often it's the seller rating that gets them over the line for a sale with me.

Cheers,

Simon

BobL
24th April 2014, 10:54 AM
I'm not what you call a big ebay purchaser, I buy maybe a couple of items a month and have never thought to look at feedback scores.
Out of interest what is your nominal "cut off feedback score?

Auskart
24th April 2014, 11:03 AM
Yes the feedback is a bit of a worry!

pipeclay
24th April 2014, 04:01 PM
And what part of his score is of a concern.

Am I missing some thing or is it the usual NUTTERS here.

Auskart
24th April 2014, 04:18 PM
I'm not what you call a big ebay purchaser, I buy maybe a couple of items a month and have never thought to look at feedback scores.

I may be a nutter as Pipeclay say's. It's not generally the % I look at it is the negative and neutral comments that are left for items that have been purchased from the seller.

Big Shed
24th April 2014, 04:51 PM
And what part of his score is of a concern.

Am I missing some thing or is it the usual NUTTERS here.

Pipeclay, surely you are intelligent enough (?) to make your point without name calling and SHOUTING?

If not, please refrain from posting.:~

simonl
24th April 2014, 06:08 PM

For me, there is not necessarily a "cutoff" but more a way of comparing between other sellers selling a similar item for a similar price. It's as good a way as any to cull the field. If you look at many of the power sellers, many have positive feedback in the mid to high 99%.

Simon

bwal74
24th April 2014, 08:30 PM
Hi,

It's funny I was looking at ER25 collets today and seen the same ads.

i'm looking at these:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/231112642903?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

In fact, I just bought a set. For $43 delivered I'll take my chances. It always worries me though when a whole lot of the same item comes on the market at the same time. But you can't beat the price.

Ben.

bwal74
15th May 2014, 08:59 PM
Hi,

My collet set turned up last week or earlier this week.

They seem okay, but there is a bit more slop than normal in the collet chuck when the endmill is not being held. But the collets being so small and from a different manufacturer than the collet chuck I may be noticing things.

Ben.

nearnexus
15th May 2014, 09:22 PM
Measure the runout 50 mm from the collet with a test indicator and tell us how well they perform.