PDA

View Full Version : Houston we have liftoff

kiwigeo
16th June 2005, 11:12 PM
Okay....after many months of deliberating, procrastinating, vacillating and generally spending too much time doing less important things work has finally begun on fit out of my new luthiers workshop. A truckload of 90 x 45 dressed pine arrived yesterday (SWMBO hasnt see the bill yet) and benchwork is starting to take shape. Will take progress photos and post here in a few days.

Waldo
16th June 2005, 11:44 PM
G'day Kiwigeo,

Good luck to you.

My wife was standing over me everytime I spent any money building my bench (3mx850x800) and she didn't like it one bit - especially when she saw I'd spent about $550 on the timber. Each time I spent more, like buying coach bolts she'd say, "Do you really need that, I think you've spent too much money, this bench is costing us a fortune!"

It's a game of death I reackon, spend too much money and you could be kicked out of the house and told to go live in the shed. :D

shaunburgess
17th June 2005, 02:03 PM
my wife is just ****** that i made 2 benches for myself before starting hers and 3 months later hers is still only 1/3rd finished (cause i'm to busy building other things on my nice new benches)

Just remember guys, it's only the depth (of s**t we are in )that varies

kiwigeo
17th June 2005, 02:51 PM
My wife was standing over me everytime I spent any money building my bench (3mx850x800) and she didn't like it one bit - especially when she saw I'd spent about $550 on the timber.

.. spend too much money and you could be kicked out of the house and told to go live in the shed. :D

Bill for timber was just over $650...which means technically Im in more trouble than you are with SWMBO. Shell get over it and shes actually quite amazed at my long supressed wood working skills.

Living in the shed wont be a problem.....benches are solid and wide enough to take a prone freshly evicted adult male and there are mod cons such as fridge and TV already fitted.

kiwigeo
17th June 2005, 02:53 PM
Just remember guys, it's only the depth (of s**t we are in )that varies

Yep that about sums it up nicely.....on a good day Im up to my waist in the brown stuff...on a bad day the brown tide mark is somewhere above my eyebrows
:D