PDA

View Full Version : Table Saws

17th June 2005, 03:56 PM
I am interested in the purchase of a table saw.10" blade,2 hp motor.Had a look at some in various catalogues etc,but would like some oppinions from the forum as to what direction to take.Price range up to $1000.Regards.........AL

silentC
17th June 2005, 04:04 PM
Find yourself another $400 and get a TSC-10HB from Carba-tec or Timbecon. 10" blade, precision fence, 3HP, cabinet style. You wont be sorry. Do a search on TSC-10HB.

craigb
17th June 2005, 04:05 PM
I will bite my tongue. I Will bite my tongue. No, I WILL bite my tongue.

Gumby
17th June 2005, 04:37 PM
Me too. What an unhelpful reply silent :D :D :D :D :D

18th June 2005, 10:54 AM
I can only gather that the TSC-10HB gets the nod

Gumby
18th June 2005, 11:05 AM
I can only gather that the TSC-10HB gets the nod

Unless you want a Triton it does :D

18th June 2005, 11:12 AM
Meaning what?Triton are inferior?

craigb
18th June 2005, 11:21 AM
I'm still biting my tongue.

Gumby
18th June 2005, 11:26 AM
Sorry if that sounded a bit confusing. I mean that there are 2 distinct paths you can follow. One is the Trion path for portability, cost (although debatable) and if space is a consideration. The other is the heavier dedicated table saw path. That means the opposite of the above but offers more stability and accuracy , although some would say not. This debate has raged in these forums for ages and continues to do so. The result is that many Triton users have upgraded to table saws and the best option by far seems to be the TSC-10HB. (Although I have a Leda :D )

Jack E
18th June 2005, 02:28 PM
One is the Trion path for portability,
Gumby,

If I recall correctly the typo board is made of MDF, if you keep going like this you may need to remake it out of a whole sheet :D :D :D

Cheers, Jack.

Gumby
18th June 2005, 03:25 PM
Gumby,

If I recall correctly the typo board is made of MDF, if you keep going like this you may need to remake it out of a whole sheet :D :D :D

Cheers, Jack.

Hey Jack, mate, pal, bro, buddy, friend.......You're on the board, so stop pickin' on me will ya ? You're giving me a complex. :D :D :D

For a full and frank explanation and the place where I have bared my soul, check the thread by Iain on keyboard probs.
:D :D :D :D :D :D

dazzler
18th June 2005, 06:24 PM
I am interested in the purchase of a table saw.10" blade,2 hp motor.Had a look at some in various catalogues etc,but would like some oppinions from the forum as to what direction to take.Price range up to $1000.Regards.........AL
Hi 46150

I agree with silent c (no really ;)). Everyone just loves the TSC10HB particularly those that ended up pushing the triton down the driveway and under a bus.

Mine is on order and was $1295 from Carbatec Brisbane so you should get something close for around that in SA.

You can do a search as silentc says. Probably best to do it in the "machinery" forum to lesson the size of the return. If you are at all interested in the triton you could do a search of "tablesaw vs triton" in the Triton forum which will give some insight into the experience members have had with the triton and later a tablesaw.

On occasion the threads do get a little clogged with crap so maybe grab a scotch or two.

cheers

dazzler

(Okay - Ive told someone to do a search, made a smart **** comment and agreed with silentc.......can I come back in from the cold now;))

boban
18th June 2005, 06:33 PM
You can also consider the Jet supersaw for around the $1400 mark (thats without the sliding table)

In case your wondering why someone is biting his tongue...(well done) its because a hell of a lot has been posted on this topic. The do a search mentality has been frowned on by some, but I know where your coming from. If you search for Supersaw TSC 10HB you'll probably have a lot to read.

If it has to be less than $1,000 then look for a good contractors saw. I had a Jet and was really happy with it. But that was when the aussie dollar was in the dumps. You get a lot more for your money today and finding the extra dollars is well worth it IMHO.

Happy hunting mate

outback
18th June 2005, 06:46 PM
(Okay - Ive told someone to do a search, made a smart **** comment and agreed with silentc.......can I come back in from the cold now;))

AHHM

On occasion the threads do get a little clogged with crap so maybe grab a scotch or two.

No.

dazzler
18th June 2005, 07:51 PM
AHHM

No.

Whatabout "sometimes the threads are full of interesting and witty comment that have me laughing till I'm blue and I get distracted"

Hang on... now I've hijacked a thread!

Am I in Now???????

cheers

dazzler

Gumby
18th June 2005, 07:54 PM
Whatabout "sometimes the threads are full of interesting and witty comment that have me laughing till I'm blue and I get distracted"

Am I in Now???????

cheers

dazzler

Now you've got the hang of it. Your 100th post is next - do it for the old kipper ! :)

JackG
18th June 2005, 10:24 PM
Here is another vote for the Jet Supersaw, excellent design and manufacture, all these guys on the TS10-HB are just blind and cant see that there is other options. :)

The sliding table is a great feature not to be denied

I would not go for a contractor's tabe saw, save a bit more and get a cabinet saw.

Cheers

Harry72
19th June 2005, 12:01 AM
Hey Al I have a tsc10hb, if you want to have a looksy giv's us a bell.

19th June 2005, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the information fellas,including the thread hi-jack department,I will get in contact with Harry72 and suss him out,Regards all ...........AL

Studley 2436
19th June 2005, 10:42 AM
Here is another vote for the Jet Supersaw, excellent design and manufacture, all these guys on the TS10-HB are just blind and cant see that there is other options. :)

The sliding table is a great feature not to be denied

I would not go for a contractor's tabe saw, save a bit more and get a cabinet saw.

Cheers
Why is that Jack? Considering both options myself though I am leaning towards the TSC10HB

Stevo

outback
19th June 2005, 11:48 AM

Am I in Now???????

cheers

dazzler
Now you got it. :p