PDA

View Full Version : hellow from Auckland

Albert
27th May 2014, 02:23 PM
hi all.

My name is Albert, I am 34 yo male from Auckland, I am a structural engineer by profession, woodwork is what I do after hours and on the weekend, its more of a second income than hobby.

It all started 5 years ago with my partner wanted a small furniture and we couldnt find anything on the market, I thought its easy enough to make it out of timber, so I went on buying timber and tools, by the time I finished what I've made for her, I have spent about $1000 on the tools, I figured, what about sell this on the local market and the rest is history.

over the years I have developed my workshop into an one man production ready workshop rather than making one off item, I have bought and sold a few tools for my relative short woodworking life, here is what I can remember, probably put this down for my own record just in case I need to refer to it in future.

bought $50 Mitre saw, exchanged for Makita weekend warrior type,
bought Carbatec cast iron table saw
bought 1 hp Carbatec extractor
bought Makita palm sander

bought SMI 15 inch planner
bought 3 hp 4 bag extactor
sold the carbatec extractor
bought Makita router
bought a Ryobi drill press

bought Makita sliding mitre saw, LS1016
sold Makita router
bought 2 sets of Frontline Clamps

bought Omga mitre saw
Sold Makita sliding mitre saw
bought Robland NX410 Pro combination machine
sold the carbatec table saw
sold the planner
bought Holytek baghouse extractor
bought Festool DominoXL, CT36 and a Festool sander RTS400
bought a Holyteck mortiser
bought various (about 20x) Bessey clamps

sold the 4 bag extractor
3 phase power installed
proper ducting installed
bought SCM Uno 920mm wide belt sander
bought Hydrovane 43 compressor
bought Masterwood OMB1V mortiser
bought Minimax S400P bandsaw
bought a quality engine crane and a quality pallet mover.

The machine/tool I appreciate the most when I use it? probably the engine crane and the pallet mover, and I dont know why this is the case...
The machine/tool I used once, put away and never see light again? the CMT mortising bit for Robland NX410 mortiser.
The machine/tool I love the most? my Masterwood mortiser
The machine/tool I dislike the most? Holytek baghouse extractor
The machine/tool I use everyday, Robland NX410 PRO combination machine
The machine/tool I wish I had more of? Frontline clamps
The machine/tool I use the least, SCM widebelt sander

thats about it!

crowie
27th May 2014, 04:11 PM
G'Day & Welcome "to the Great South Land" [the big island across the ditch] & to a top forum "Albert".
You've sure got a decent lot of tools....
There are quite a few members from [the shaky isles] New Zealand on the forum as well as across the rest of the world..
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [work in progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.
Cheers from On Top DownUnder, crowie

old1955
28th May 2014, 10:39 AM
Welcome to the forum Albert.

Christos
28th May 2014, 09:39 PM
That's a good list. At least you are getting some income from the things you make.

Welcome to the forum.

FenceFurniture
28th May 2014, 09:52 PM
Welcome Albert. That sure is a structured list. :D

You can make your own clamps - a member called "Egg" made some that seemed to work pretty well, and he put up some info about them. If you go to Community (up the top), member list, and search for "Egg" and then click on "Find Posts" it shouldn't be too hard to find (I don't think he posts too much).

Perfect Pens
30th May 2014, 10:27 PM
Welcome to the forums Albert enjoy !! :2tsup:

Cheers
Tony.

JJF
31st May 2014, 06:53 AM
Welcome to the forum