PDA

View Full Version : What kind of boats

ele__13
19th June 2005, 09:56 PM
:) Hi to everyone
well ill tell u a bit about our project
my partner andi are in the just about to start building our 8.3 mtr cat . we are going t o be building a simpson desighn semi live aboard ... great for zooming up and down the qld coast .

our building plan is as follows we are using strip plank and then will be fibreglassed and epoxied ...

hope we can talk with someother cat builders on the forum as well

talk soon
jules

Wild Dingo
8th September 2005, 07:15 PM
Gidday there ele... eerrr jules?... anyways!!

So is that the Simpson Wild cat design or his other one? from Boatcraft pacific? how are the plans? easily read? really detailed?

Im interested!!! I was plannin at one stage to build a Wharram Tiki 38 but got side tracked something shocking... so many bloody boats out there!! Anyway after the recent floods Im down to NO plans in hand and wondering which way to turn

I actually like the asthetics of Wharrams but also like the bridgedeck of some of the others Simpson for one... but Ive not made a commitment in any direction... so convince me!!

She is allowing me one set of major build plans! Thats it one set... so when I decide to buy that set of plans it had better bloody well be the right set by gar! :mad:

I seriously considered a mono hull but am hesitating due to the want and need for some bloody room aboard!! hence reverting back to the original dea... I'll be building a couple of small boats while I make my mind up... and while I wait to get the bleedin shed I aint got yet!

Anyway!! Talk to me!!...

I have had this penchant to sail the northern coast up through the Kimberlies across to the territory and over to TI maybe on to Easter Island and the coast of the US... but thats in the future...

Cheers! :cool:

Daddles
9th September 2005, 12:04 AM
I have a friend ... several actually, but this one in particular.
Who wants to build a family sail boat.
Who wants to camp upon said boat.
Who likes to got really fast.
Who's wife has disovered that she hates the way their mono-hull heels over when the wind blows.

He has found that cats address all the above requirements for the sole price of having to build two hulls.

I've given up trying to argue with him ... he makes too much sense.

Cheers
Richard

Wild Dingo
9th September 2005, 05:04 PM
Who's wife has disovered that she hates the way their mono-hull heels over when the wind blows.

And the question is??????????????? missus says "insert whatever choice of darls I want or darls I dont like" and theres the sole motivating reason for anything us blokes do or dont do!! :p :D

ele__13
13th September 2005, 11:47 PM
Hi

[QUOTE=Wild Dingo]Gidday there ele... eerrr jules?... anyways!!

So is that the Simpson Wild cat design or his other one? from Boatcraft pacific? how are the plans? easily read? really detailed?

Im interested!!! I was plannin at one stage to build a Wharram Tiki 38 but got side tracked something shocking... so many bloody boats out there!! Anyway after the recent floods Im down to NO plans in hand and wondering which way to turn

I actually like the asthetics of Wharrams but also like the bridgedeck of some of the others Simpson for one... but Ive not made a commitment in any direction... so convince me!!

ok i'LLL convince you !!! have loked at the tiki's dodnt like the lack of bridgedeck !! im afraid i like to have my Titchy bit of lounge room ... even if it wee one

I seriously considered a mono hull but am hesitating due to the want and need for some bloody room aboard!! hence reverting back to the original dea... I'll be building a couple of small boats while I make my mind up... and while I wait to get the bleedin shed I aint got yet!
EWWWWWWWW Im a Cat Girl Learnt to sail in one Love em !!!! watched a friends mono'hull Heel rite over on sat ... Bring on a nice stable Cat any day !!!

Anyway!! Talk to me!!...

I have had this penchant to sail the northern coast up through the Kimberlies across to the territory and over to TI maybe on to Easter Island and the coast of the US... but thats in the future...

Our aim after we have built our little cat is to build a 40ft'r and sail perm we are heading to asia and then over to europe well thats the plan anyway ..... Big one is a 11.88 mtr Simson and that will be home for at least 20 25 yrs wellt hatis the plan anyway ..... we are also looking at adding a wee bit ont to the end of the 11.88 and make it 12 mtrs ..... hope this helps a wee bit take care

jules :)