PDA

View Full Version : The race to the AWTEX dead line.

tea lady
2nd June 2014, 10:33 AM
I've got til 8.30 Tuesday 10th of June to get the last bits finished. Apparently I'm not the inly one who turns up with the glue only just dry.

Have my bowl done.

Think my platter is stuffed. Should I persevere?

And I now hate the lidded box I made. Could I start again? :think:

Who else is in a similar predicament.

http://www.theaustralianwoodturningexhibition.net/#!entry

powderpost
2nd June 2014, 11:28 AM
Hi Anne Marie, Last year I was concerned that the packing would be stuck to the piece on the way down, it was that close. This year I was finished two months ago. :2tsup:. But I will admit I made four pieces until I got the one I liked. There are two other pieces nearly finished but my dead line has long passed so they won't be there. Bugger ain't it?

Jim

tea lady
2nd June 2014, 02:11 PM
Hi Anne Marie, Last year I was concerned that the packing would be stuck to the piece on the way down, it was that close. This year I was finished two months ago. :2tsup:.
Jim:D
With a complicated work process I guess you gotta start early. I spent to long thinking , I think.

I am also really good at nearly missing the enrty dead line.:doh:

dai sensei
2nd June 2014, 03:52 PM
The sites says entry close 23 May :?

Looking forward to attending this year being in Melb. Hopefully I can go on the Sunday.

tea lady
2nd June 2014, 04:14 PM
Have my entry in. Now just need to finish the pieces I said I would. :C:U

dai sensei
2nd June 2014, 04:35 PM
So an entry without an entry :U. Obviously comps are run differently down here :rolleyes:

chuck1
2nd June 2014, 06:14 PM
It sounds like a some days at the factory start one thing then the mad dash with a different job! Also do it with show entries down to the last minute!

powderpost
2nd June 2014, 09:22 PM
All being equal, I will be there Sunday afternoon.
Jim

smiife
2nd June 2014, 09:24 PM
The sites say entry close 23 May :?

Looking forward to attending this year being in Melb. Hopefully I can go on the Sunday.

So an entry without an entry :U. Obviously comps are run differently down here :rolleyes:

Neal I think the entry forms had to be In by
the 23rd and the pieces have to arrive by
this friday, that is how i read it anyway
sent mine this morning, after 2 attempts
finally got It together, hopefully it arrives
In time,
Good luck to everone who has entered
and a big thank you to the organisers

tea lady
3rd June 2014, 08:37 AM
Hand delivery of pieces to the venue on Tuesday arvo/evening.

I should be there on Sunday to. Also might go on Friday night this time.

I don't hate my lidded box so much today.

Sturdee
3rd June 2014, 07:27 PM
Also might go on Friday night this time.

Just checked the hours of the exhibition:

Friday 13th 10 am - 6 pm

Saturday 14th 10 am - 5 pm

Sunday 15th 10 am - 4 pm

Peter.

tea lady
3rd June 2014, 07:42 PM
Hmm. yes. Always good to check the times. :doh:

Mobyturns
4th June 2014, 06:18 PM
Good luck TL but I really don't think you need luck as your work stood up pretty well last year. :U

MrFez
6th June 2014, 06:30 PM
Hmm. yes. Always good to check the times. :doh:

Well with all the talk of "getting entries in on time" and "I will be going on Friday or Sunday" I turned up at Nunawading this afternoon......

Yes it was in my diary for next week.:-

Dave

brendan stemp
8th June 2014, 06:51 PM
My finger tips have been worn to bleeding point but I have just managed to get the first coat of lacquer on my 3 pieces (5pm Sunday). 2nd and 3rd coats tomorrow...plenty of time before I need to drive to Melb on Tues. to hand them in. Nothing like leaving things to the last minute!!!

tea lady
9th June 2014, 07:18 PM
Good luck TL but I really don't think you need luck as your work stood up pretty well last year. :UYes but this year I have to be in the open section. Playing with the grown ups. :C I think I have 2 pieces finished ok. Fiddled with some details today. Platter got ditched.

Oh well. At least I won't be rushing in at five to 8 tomorrow night. Although I am told there is always someone who does. :D

powderpost
9th June 2014, 07:44 PM
Yes but this year I have to be in the open section. Playing with the grown ups. :C

I am sure you can handle that... :wink:
Jim

Mobyturns
10th June 2014, 09:34 AM
I am sure you can handle that... :wink:
Jim

Buggar! :rolleyes: some of us were too busy with life to finish pieces. I wish I had entered in Intermediate now with one less competitor as I still have a another win before I have to move up into the big sandpit. :D

tea lady
11th June 2014, 10:24 AM
Pieces delivered last night. Now we wait for judging. Will go and have a look on Friday as I can't get there till late on Sunday. And its always to crowded then to have a proper look anyway.

jefferson
11th June 2014, 11:46 AM
Unconfirmed reports of one of the big kids jumping into the sand pit. Good luck with that!:D

tea lady
11th June 2014, 11:55 AM
Unconfirmed reports of one of the big kids jumping into the sand pit. Good luck with that!:D
Oh yes? Hope we see great things then. :)