PDA

View Full Version : Stan Rowlings from the "Shire"

maņana
5th June 2014, 09:50 PM
I'm wondering if anyone from the Cubbyhouse or elsewhere in the Shire can tell me what has become of Stan Rowlings, from Engadine. I had a number of turning lessons with Stan in 1993/94, and kept in contact with him until I moved to Stroud in 2003. He and his wife called in to see me soon after but I lost contact with him after that. I believe his wife passed away. Stan was a really nice bloke. The paltry amount he charged for lessons he passed back to me with gifts of chisels and turning blanks and other tools. A thorough gentleman. Any news greatly appreciated.
Mick C

dougturner
5th June 2014, 10:21 PM
maņana;1780380]I'm wondering if anyone from the Cubbyhouse or elsewhere in the Shire can tell me what has become of Stan Rowlings, from Engadine. I had a number of turning lessons with Stan in 1993/94, and kept in contact with him until I moved to Stroud in 2003. He and his wife called in to see me soon after but I lost contact with him after that. I believe his wife passed away. Stan was a really nice bloke. The paltry amount he charged for lessons he passed back to me with gifts of chisels and turning blanks and other tools. A thorough gentleman. Any news greatly appreciated.
Mick C

Mick C I have just fired a quick email to our Guild membership secretary to confirm Stan's situation for you, and will pass whatever I get back through this thread ASAP. Doug. :U

maņana
6th June 2014, 08:42 AM
Thank you, Doug, for taking the time to do that for me. Look forward to hearing something soon.
Mick C

toolieturn
14th June 2014, 12:01 AM
I'm wondering if anyone from the Cubbyhouse or elsewhere in the Shire can tell me what has become of Stan Rowlings, from Engadine. I had a number of turning lessons with Stan in 1993/94, and kept in contact with him until I moved to Stroud in 2003. He and his wife called in to see me soon after but I lost contact with him after that. I believe his wife passed away. Stan was a really nice bloke. The paltry amount he charged for lessons he passed back to me with gifts of chisels and turning blanks and other tools. A thorough gentleman. Any news greatly appreciated.
Mick C

HI I have an old Cubby member list & Stan's ph is 95209552 or
[email protected] I've seen him on a few occasions the last one was at the Cubbyhouse late last year ,so he's still around
Hope the info is not out of date
Merv

maņana
14th June 2014, 08:06 AM
Merv, thank you for that phone number and email address. I'll try both.
Mick C

dougturner
14th June 2014, 10:48 PM
Mick C, I apologise for my slow response to your original query, but I am still waiting to hear back from our membership secretary. Maybe he is away or unwell. I hope the info from Merv helps you out. Doug.:U

maņana
15th June 2014, 09:26 AM
Hi Doug
Thanks again. Merv has fixed me up with Stan's phone no. etc. I was looking for Rowlings but it is actually Rowling, and is listed in the White Pages as such, and still in Engadine.
Cheers
Mick C