PDA

View Full Version : A Question For Bas350 Owners

CustomStretch
21st June 2005, 11:49 AM
Will a 1/8 and 3/16 blade fit directly onto the BAS-350 or do you have to modify
the guides, im mainly doing bandsawn boxes.
please help, any info would be appreciated.

Babytoolman
21st June 2005, 01:39 PM
Hi Custom,

You will have to change the guides positions is all. A small allan key will do the trick. Make sure you move them as it will not give you a good cut if you don't.

CustomStretch
22nd June 2005, 11:40 AM
i rang carbatec and they said that the existing guides will not accomodate a 1/8th blade and i would have to get the blade saver guide blocks, but! they wont fit on the BAS350 what do i do?????????

gatiep
23rd June 2005, 03:17 AM
CustomStretch

Carbatec is 100% right. The bearing guides on the BAS-350 is wide, which makes them super perfect for blades 8 mm and up, i.e. the blades most people use on that size saw. That is one of the reasons why the 350 cuts perfect veneer.
The rollers will run on the set of the teeth of blades under 6 mm wide, no matter how much you adjust them!!!!!!!!!!!!! At CT Perth they had or have a special guide for use with blades under 6 mm. Those blades are so narrow that they really only need a shallow slot to run in. With care the side rollers can be removed.........use with care! The rear roller will adjust up to the proper distance behind the rear of the blade.

The usual disclaimer applies if you use your bandsaw without the guides......i.o.w. if you stuff up don't blame me! You are all big boys now. :D

The rollers are a problem on most bandsaws when using 1/8" blades.....some manufacturers/ suppliers choose not to mention it. Oh now you know why your narrow blade dulled so quickly or did weaving cuts!!!!!

CustomStretch
23rd June 2005, 07:30 PM
thanks for the advice guys much appreciated!