PDA

View Full Version : sydney woodworking show

Faulko
28th June 2014, 02:55 PM
am thinking of heading down to Sydney tomorrow for the wood show.....haven't been before and was wondering what people's thoughts were on it....
the website doesn't have too much info on e exhibitors, an o was after some opinions please....thinkingof nding o tools and maybe some blanks...

thanks

Pat
28th June 2014, 03:11 PM
Go and see Jim at Carroll's Wood craft for the toys and Mal & Greg at Boutique Timbers for the stuff to turn.

Don't mention my name as both will charge you double :;

wheelinround
28th June 2014, 04:02 PM
I'll agree with Pat on the Boutique Timber and Greg & Mal, but Trend Timbers would be my choice for tools n chucks etc also McJings. You can mention Pat's name anywhere it'll still cost you double.

chuck1
28th June 2014, 05:25 PM
I have found it good as it usually has lots of suppliers under the one roof! Carrolls, trend and mcjings get the thumbs up! Also hardware for creative finishes carbitool. Really all the suppliers need a mention its a big job for 3 days of selling considering how some come! One year gasweld had very cheap p&n turning !
I normally have my list and do a lap then get down to the shopping list! Then look at the want list!
I can't go this year! Hope it's on next year!

turnerted
28th June 2014, 05:31 PM
Plenty of goodies there for you to spend your money on.Bring your lunch with you unless you want to stand in a line and pay heaps.Come to the forum stand for free tea or coffee.
Ted

crowie
28th June 2014, 06:16 PM
Make sure you visit the forum lounge for a cuppa...Here's a preview from the show.....

http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=185911&p=1786317#post1786317

Christos
28th June 2014, 09:02 PM
I will try to be as objective as possible.

Very good show(please add the adjectives as you feel appropriate).

Also mention come and visit the forum stand and have a cuppa on the forums. And if you are early a biscuit or two.

John K
29th June 2014, 09:30 AM
am thinking of heading down to Sydney tomorrow for the wood show.....haven't been before and was wondering what people's thoughts were on it....
the website doesn't have too much info on e exhibitors, an o was after some opinions please....thinkingof nding o tools and maybe some blanks...

thanks
Agree with Faulko, lack of info re exhibitors and set out on the web. Attended show on Fri in new location which seemed to be too overcrowded and difficult to move around (appears dome and halls were used by Wine and Food group ), excellent range of exhibitors although many not there. Trust organisers can arrange greater space for exhibitors and attendees for next year.

Christos
29th June 2014, 10:19 PM
am thinking of heading down to Sydney tomorrow for the wood show........

Did you end up going?

Faulko
30th June 2014, 07:54 AM
Did you end up going?

Yep, went yesterday. Was great to see everything under one roof in the flesh that normally takes time on web to see.....got some goodies - some planned and some not.

Enjoyed a demo by theo.

Apart from Trend not many blanks...reinforced the value of efforts to source own supply from salvage.

Trend and Carrolls staff very helpful.

and free cuppa at stall saved me- thanks