PDA

View Full Version : Co2 Suppliers Brisbane

smidsy
7th July 2014, 02:31 PM
Anyone here able to point me toward a Co2 supplier on Bris northside other than BOC.
Just at the investigation stage but having just paid $22 for a 60g soda stream gas bottle I'm curious as to the cost of getting a cylinder and doing it myself - brother is a qualified gas fitter so getting hoses and adapters made is no problem.
Cheers
Paul

ubute
7th July 2014, 03:24 PM
Most of the major home brew suppliers and brew-on-premises joints sell CO2 cylinders. You'll be looking at a bit less than $200 for a 2.3/2.6kg CO2 cylinder, and then about $30 or so for a refill (assuming you're kegging beer in 19L kegs, a cylinder that size should carbonate and serve around 10 kegs). You should be able to find locations that sell those cylinders at Mykegonlegs | CO2 Gas Cylinders | Regulators | Pumps | Couplers | National CO2 cylinder sales, filling, exchange and testing (http://www.mykegonlegs.com.au/). Most do exchanges ala LPG bottles but some also do refills if you want to keep your shiny new cylinder. Then you'll need a regulator and gas line etc. That seems to be the easiest and cheapest route while avoiding the likes of BOC. I've heard some guys also getting refills at SCUBA places but have no experience there.