PDA

View Full Version : When is this year's Newcastle Show and Who's going?

Caliban
23rd June 2005, 10:42 PM
Neil
Do you as an exhibitor, know the dates for this years Newcastle show?
Also when are we all meeting, caps on heads instead of in hand :D to celebrate the new caps and foilies and solve the problems of life, the universe and sharpening?
In simple language, who's going and when? And more importantly who else is going to be shouted a beer by the monkey?

Ashore
23rd June 2005, 10:53 PM
12 to 14 August I think, and I will be going as long as shmbo says its ok that is.

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

ubeaut
24th June 2005, 09:20 PM
Hovo - All the info for the show is here http://www.ubeaut.com.au/Hunter.htm

Cheers - Neil :)

PS Nearly forgot..... We'll be there.

Farm boy
26th June 2005, 11:13 AM
i am still printing my permision request to give to the wife :)

arose62
26th June 2005, 02:58 PM
Take her along - my SWMBO goes willingly with me to the Newcastle show, but won't go within cooee of the Sydney one.

There's stuff for all the family at Newcastle, roughly woodies one side in the big shed, and crafty/girly stuff in the big hall on the other side.

And, it's all for a good cause, too!!

See you there!

Cheers,
Andrew

oges
27th June 2005, 03:18 PM
Yeah well worth a look, I will most likely be there on the Saturday with cap on.

Zed
27th June 2005, 05:10 PM
I intend to go (if for nothing else but a spin in the model T with Jane), but will need to check with " 'er indoors " first.

I'll wear the bb hat Hovo! :D

Shannon
28th June 2005, 11:22 PM
Hi there Zed,

I know this is not really woody related but mine ears do prick when I hear someone say model T. Is yours historic or rod?
I have attached my old one - had to go to make way for the house, but one day I will rise again!!

Iif you are not rodding inclined I apolagise for the abonomation you are about to see :D :D :D

BTW I may also make the trek from the bluey's foothills. Drop the fam off at the rellies so they are happy, then spend a lazy day at the show.

Cheers

Zed
29th June 2005, 08:54 AM
No Model t was figure of speech only - nice car of yours thoughh....

Shannon
29th June 2005, 10:36 AM
Ah..... I see now, model t meaning anagram for car.

Thanks for appreciation of ex-car.

CU

oges
29th June 2005, 12:39 PM
and there doesnt seem much room in that car for timber, tools and muffins either :D

Farm boy
1st July 2005, 02:48 PM
Well last night was a doosey sitting down havind tea, being a great time i suggested that farm girl(swmbo) go to the newcastle woodwork show with me.

her reply: what woodworking show?,apparently i forgot to mention that the woodwork show was on soon and there would be nice craft looking things to enjoy.
apparently farm girl doesnt like crafty things so i might have to enjoy the show by myself,i am so devistatedhttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon7.gif

Ashore
1st July 2005, 02:55 PM
So the farm girl is not as crafty as you obvoiusly

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Farm boy
1st July 2005, 03:59 PM
oh yes indeed

she is a bookeeper,how more crafty can you gethttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon12.gif

boban
7th July 2005, 11:20 PM
Is this show like the Sydney WWW Show (mainly retail outlets plus displays) or something different.

Caliban
7th July 2005, 11:36 PM
Mitch
I went last year and there are two pavillions. One is like a scaled down Sydney show minus carbatec, timbecon etc. The other pav is packed with crafty exhibits including dolls houses, Johnathon Knowles clocks, various clubs and thousands of fabric things for the girls.
Last year there were things I didn't see at Sydney as well like Heligrind and Bunnings.
Hope this helps.

Ashore
7th July 2005, 11:50 PM
Is this show like the Sydney WWW Show (mainly retail outlets plus displays) or something different.The web page for the newcastle show is www.woodturners.org.au (http://www.woodturners.org.au)
shows all the exhibiters etc

. The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Greg Ward
28th July 2005, 08:50 AM
Mal from Butique Timbers will be there with his usual red cedar, rosewood etc. also some jarrah this year. If you want any special types bought down, let me know or call him on 0265 858296 after 7.00.
Regards
Greg