PDA

View Full Version : Price query...am I reading this correctly?

simops
19th July 2014, 04:29 PM
I was looking online for de waxed shellac flakes and saw on the uBeaut website flakes for sale......but noticed that their export price was $12 less than the local price......am I reading that correctly? Am I missing something here?

cheers
mike

doug3030
19th July 2014, 05:31 PM
Am I missing something here?

My guess is that its the GST. No GST on exports, it only applies to us mug Aussies.

Doug

Wrongwayfirst
19th July 2014, 05:57 PM
+1 for doug, it states I the header of each product inc GST and excl GST :U

Sturdee
19th July 2014, 11:17 PM
+1 for doug, it states I the header of each product inc GST and excl GST :U

Whilst that is true for most of the products listed, it does not seem correct for the shellac flakes as the OP noted.

SIZE-----------------------PRICE AU (incl GST) ---- EXPORT (ex GST)

220gm jar (makes 1 litre) --- A$30.80 ----- A$21.00

1 kg bulk double bagged --- A$66.00 ----- A$48.00

Peter.

Cliff Rogers
20th July 2014, 10:28 AM
Have you tried asking this bloke yet? ubeaut (http://www.woodworkforums.com/members/ubeaut/)

ubeaut
21st September 2014, 12:23 PM
Sorry - Haven't been in here for a while.

The ex GST prices on web were a typo going back to 2002. Must have missed that price when doing the updates. Price was right on the order page, but wrong on the product page.

I have fixed that now.

Bit of an explanation on shellac prices:

There has been a massive price rise in Shellac over the last 3 years due to crop failures in India. What used to cost around $80,000 is now around $300,000+ We had stock enough in cold storage to be able to see out the problem but it's coming to an end and if the sellers in India don't drop the prices soon I'm not sure what will happen. I believe the crops have come back somewhat but now price gouging appears to be keeping the prices high.

We still have stocks of Shellac flakes but have had to go to Tia Shellac for our white shellac used in Shellawax, etc. Been mixing it with our fast dwindling supply of Indian Shellac for the last few months. Down to the last 75 kg of Indian Shellac so looks like if something doesn't give soon we will be on all Tia white shellac.:C

Sorry for the belated reply.

Cheers - Neil :U