Have you got one?

I have :D

craigb
24th June 2005, 12:21 PM
No I don't. I just wanted to make the first post in the forum. Petty, I know :o

Do you use yours much?

silentC
24th June 2005, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I use it a fair bit. Mostly for box joints because it's nice and quick and very accurate. I mostly use the tablesaw fence with the router but I get the Incra out whenever I need to do anything fancy.

aabb
24th June 2005, 01:17 PM
Excuse my ignorance .. what is an incra jig ? Any pic os it and what it does ?

ta

silentC
24th June 2005, 01:49 PM
This is the one I've got: http://www.incra.biz/Products/Ultra.html

aabb
24th June 2005, 01:58 PM
I think I need one !

silentC
24th June 2005, 02:22 PM
Oh yes, you certainly do ;) Everyone needs one, they just don't know it yet...

martink
24th June 2005, 02:25 PM
I think I need one !
I thought I needed one too, so I bought one. An Incra Ultra 24. Damn good kit, just remember it's yankie so be happy with inches. CMT also produce a router bit set for the jig that contains all bits (I have 1/2 inch collet) that are great. In a nutshell:

Pro's
- Very Fancy dovetails can be made
- Easy to set up and align
- Very very accurate

Con's
- Not cheap (but not as painful as leigh though:D)
- Requires a larger base router table (e.g. 600 x 900 or better) - The triton router table just doesn't cut it.

If you can handle spending the cash and want a jig that does a hell of a lot of dovetail styles then I reckon it's definately worth it. I haven't regretted buying one:)

Martin.

silentC
24th June 2005, 02:54 PM
I bought mine second hand from another forum member so it wasn't as painful. I put a couple of threaded knobs with T-nuts on the baseboard so I can mount it to the mitre track on my table saw. This works brilliantly with my sidewing-mounted router table. I just slide it into the mitre track, tighten the knobs and it's ready to go. If I think of it, I'll take a pic and post it next week.

vsquizz
24th June 2005, 04:07 PM
I thought they were a race of people who lived in Mexico or Peru or somewhere in South America??:confused:

Cheers

silentC
24th June 2005, 04:12 PM
What, the Spanish?

Actually, you're thinking of Inca, which is a town in Majorca ;)

Driver
24th June 2005, 04:47 PM
I thought they were a race of people who lived in Mexico or Peru or somewhere in South America??:confused:

Cheers

Sure you're not thinking of the Ferkarwi?

Oh no - they live in the long grass, don't they?

vsquizz
24th June 2005, 07:37 PM
Sure you're not thinking of the Ferkarwi?

Oh no - they live in the long grass, don't they?
Col, the Ferkarwi are related to the Ooomeedoodle tribe who also walk around in the long grass. However because they have very long...ahh forget it

We are in the Wild West Show!

Cheers

Driver
24th June 2005, 07:54 PM
Nah, mate!

You're confusing them with the Oomeegoolie Bird who has a long scrotum but short legs, so as he comes in to land (on the gravelly surface of his nesting ground) he is heard to give vent to his plaintive cry .....

(However, you're right about the Wild West Show - "Don't poke the constipated elephant, ma'am!")

vsquizz
24th June 2005, 08:02 PM
Neber mind the wedder, so long as we're to gedderCheers

Driver
24th June 2005, 08:05 PM
Neber mind the wedder, so long as we're to gedderCheers

Aaaah, memories!

vsquizz
24th June 2005, 08:10 PM
Col, I would need a cartooon of amber fluid and a half a bottle of the Square Bear to remember the whole song....but it is acheivable:D ..from memory the last time I sang that song was at a rugby game in Jakarta..quite some time back.

Cheers

Driver
24th June 2005, 08:13 PM
Me too - but I think the last time I sang it after a rugby match, Jakarta was still called Batavia - well, p'raps not but you take the point! :)

Auld Bassoon
24th June 2005, 08:26 PM
[QUOTE=Driver]Sure you're not thinking of the Ferkarwi?

Completely off the subject I know, but when I was in Durban S.A. (working on a contract there a few years ago), there was a yacht in the marina named "Wa Fa Kawi" - which used to give the harbour control a major fit of hysterics every time entry/exit permission was sought...

Cheers,

craigb
24th June 2005, 08:45 PM
1 new forum
1 new thread

Hijacked from the first post.

Is this a record ? :p ;) :D

HoutBok
26th June 2005, 06:13 AM
Hope you blokes don't mind tooo much if I take this back on track but I would really like to see SilentC's set-up with the ultra in the table saw mitre slot.

Cheers
Brian

silentC
27th June 2005, 03:06 PM
Here you go:

HoutBok
27th June 2005, 03:33 PM
Thanks - that's what I will have to do if I can't come up with a reasonable way to extend my POS cast iron router table.

Cagey
27th June 2005, 07:16 PM
Geez that DC is leaving a lot behind SilentC. You could have swept up the Blackbutt dust before the photo. Just Kidding. How stable have you found the router table extension in the TSC 10HB. Mine feels a bit wonky with that extra weight out there, so i was thinking about some legs (rather not) or some extra weight at the other end. also you dont seem to have much support out feed end. Does that work ok for you?

silentC
28th June 2005, 09:41 AM
I haven't come up with a DC setup for the router table yet, so not using any at the moment. The dust is River Redgum, by the way ;)

Stability-wise, I haven't had any problems. The saw is heavy enough to counter the weight of anything I've run over it so far. Legs would be a problem because I've got it on a mobile base. When I get it into a bigger shed it might be feasible.

Regarding outfeed, do you mean on the router or the saw itself?

Cagey
28th June 2005, 08:17 PM
I meant outfeed of router - front of TS. I was just guessing about timber dust as i had just been checking out your beautiful box photos

silentC
29th June 2005, 09:54 AM
Yes, the ply table is only supported to the end of the fence rail at the front, so it could flex if you put enough weight on it. I always intended to build in a torsion box underneath to strengthen it but haven't gotten around to it. It hasn't been a problem - I usually put all the pressure right up near the router bit and that part of the table is well supported by the fence rails.

Cagey
29th June 2005, 10:45 PM
Thanks silentc. I'll give mine a workout on the weekend with some confidence.