PDA

View Full Version : help needed

m.t
21st July 2014, 05:09 PM
Hi all i would like to get into pyography and would like to know witch would be better a burnmaster or a razertip thank you mal :?:?:?

Matador
21st July 2014, 07:27 PM
Hi m.t

You could have a look at this one poker work I bought last year its from Ironcore Transformers. Their site is Ironcore | Transformers, Pyrography Equipment & Hot Wire Cutters Melbourne Australia (http://www.ironcore.com.au) they have some pretty good units
and good prices. I hope that helps.

Graham.

m.t
21st July 2014, 07:44 PM
Hi m.t

You could have a look at this one poker work I bought last year its from Ironcore Transformers. Their site is Ironcore | Transformers, Pyrography Equipment & Hot Wire Cutters Melbourne Australia (http://www.ironcore.com.au) they have some pretty good units
and good prices. I hope that helps.

Graham.
thanks Graham i'll have a look:2tsup:

vk4
22nd July 2014, 06:33 PM
the commercial units are all pretty good, I made mine from a computer power supply, BUT YOU MUST KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.
shop around, is the best advice , contact your nearest wood working club and talk to the members doing Pyrography .

jeff
vk4

vk4
22nd July 2014, 08:11 PM
the commercial units are all pretty good, I made mine from a computer power supply, BUT YOU MUST KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.
shop around, is the best advice , contact your nearest wood working club and talk to the members doing Pyrography .

jeff
vk4

Tookawhile
24th July 2014, 01:46 PM
I’ve been burning for a few years now and am still more thanhappy with the Razertip machine with its “no fuss always ready to use” fixednib pens which are very similar in size to every day biros/pens and comfortableto hold . However, many people are happyto create their own by shaping wire to fit the interchangeable ones. My preference is for a writing type pen suchas the F3 with the nib turned up at the end a fraction to allow forshading. About 95 per cent of my work.which comprises mainly photo type detailed pictures, is done with the F3. I also use it for either fine or heavywriting or printing if required. Anotherbrand which is gaining popularity is the Burnmaster which comes with manyaccessories but a larger type pen. Razertip type pens/leads can be used with it should you prefer a thickertype pen. Ironcore is the other wellknown brand once again offering a thicker type pen but without as manyaccessories as Burnmaster. Carroll’sWoodworking Supplies (cwsonline.com.au) carry the Razertip and Burnmaster machines/accessoriesshould you be interested in either. Goodluck with your pyrography!