PDA

View Full Version : Click in chrush grind mechanisms in Aus?

tea lady
24th July 2014, 10:53 AM

Can I get them from somewhere in Australia?

Sprog
24th July 2014, 11:24 AM

Can I get them from somewhere in Australia?

Carroll's Woodcraft Supplies (http://www.cwsonline.com.au/shop/item/crushgrind-wood-ceramic-mechanism)

tea lady
24th July 2014, 11:26 AM
:doh:Of course. I should have just looked there. Ta. :D

Bopper
24th July 2014, 05:09 PM
pops shed is the cheepest I found once you add the postage

tea lady
24th July 2014, 06:03 PM
pops shed is the cheepest I found once you add the postagePop's Shed has the long crush grind mechanisms, but don't appear to have these click in ones that don't need a shaft.

dai sensei
24th July 2014, 08:10 PM
Yes they do not need a shaft, but come with their own issues to be aware of, like the final glueing up. Nothing to worry about, just to be aware of.

fubar
25th July 2014, 07:56 AM
you can buy from brendan stemp here Home | You Turn (http://youturn.tv/) and he also has a great tutorial on fitting

tea lady
25th July 2014, 09:53 AM
Yes they do not need a shaft, but come with their own issues to be aware of, like the final glueing up. Nothing to worry about, just to be aware of.Yes. They all have their pros and cons.

Old Croc
25th July 2014, 08:52 PM
Yes. They all have their pros and cons.
Hi anne-maria, I am a bit lost with this. Are they different or is it that the shaft is removed?
Rgds,
Crocy.

Jim Carroll
25th July 2014, 10:00 PM
They dont have the shaft like the standard crushgrinds.

They are formed in 3 parts.
The base holds the lower body and the clips part goes into a recess in the middle body section then you make a removable cap so you can fill the mill

Like all crushgrinds the design options are many

Old Croc
25th July 2014, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the explanation Jim. Went and had a look at them on you site, but I will wait until I can see them in real life to see if they will work for an idea I have for a design,
Rgds,
Crocy.

dai sensei
26th July 2014, 06:59 PM
Here's one I made a short while back http://www.woodworkforums.com/179815-pepper-grinder-form-blank-cast/?highlight=pepper+grinder The thread also has a picture of a standard shape

Old Croc
26th July 2014, 11:39 PM
Thanks for that Neil. :2tsup: My supplier is bringing my new lathe up in a couple of weeks, so hopefully he will have them. From your photos my idea may work.
Rgds,
Crocy.

Mobyturns
27th July 2014, 07:55 AM
Thanks for that Neil. :2tsup: My supplier is bringing my new lathe up in a couple of weeks, so hopefully he will have them. From your photos my idea may work.
Rgds,
Crocy.

What you too? We can compare notes on the new lathes. :D I was hoping to have mine at Prossy but that looks in doubt now. :(

Old Croc
27th July 2014, 08:55 PM
What you too? We can compare notes on the new lathes. :D I was hoping to have mine at Prossy but that looks in doubt now. :(
Ha Ha, that's going to be a bit hard to do, as the newie weighs over 400 KG, not quite portable :C
Rgds,
Crocy.

Mobyturns
29th July 2014, 09:06 AM
Ha Ha, that's going to be a bit hard to do, as the newie weighs over 400 KG, not quite portable :C
Rgds,
Crocy.

:cool: you win mine is only 65kg. :)