PDA

View Full Version : QLD:Swap QLD Looking for timber connections

Luke Maddux
25th July 2014, 08:46 PM
I'm an expat and I've only recently gotten a proper shop up and running in Australia. I'm Brisbane based, and I'm looking to make connections for buying timber.

I've made a few, but basically if you're in my area and you regularly or occasionally sell timber don't hesitate to contact me! I would love to hear what you have.

I already have ways to get all the Camphor and Silky Oak I could ever want, but aside from those I am interested in any nice timbers, particularly the stuff from Tassie, the desert stuff, and any nice burls, but the sky is the limit.

I do everything from making furniture to turning rolling pins so I'm interested in whatever!

Be sure to include a name and, ideally, a number.

Looking forward to shaking some hands soon.

Cheers,
Luke M

dai sensei
25th July 2014, 09:10 PM
Luke this is the timber swap forum, so if you want different timbers but not swap for something you have, I'd suggest posting in our Market Place under wanted.

Mike Luxmoore
6th July 2015, 02:00 PM
Hi Luke
New to this website.
I have 3 cm of teak and 1 cm of red cedar I want to sell.
The timber is from PNG - the teak is 70 - 100 years old when milled 14 years ago.
I am based on the Sunshine Coast.
Cheers
Mike Luxmoore

I'm an expat and I've only recently gotten a proper shop up and running in Australia. I'm Brisbane based, and I'm looking to make connections for buying timber.

I've made a few, but basically if you're in my area and you regularly or occasionally sell timber don't hesitate to contact me! I would love to hear what you have.

I already have ways to get all the Camphor and Silky Oak I could ever want, but aside from those I am interested in any nice timbers, particularly the stuff from Tassie, the desert stuff, and any nice burls, but the sky is the limit.

I do everything from making furniture to turning rolling pins so I'm interested in whatever!

Be sure to include a name and, ideally, a number.

Looking forward to shaking some hands soon.

Cheers,
Luke M

TongueTied
31st August 2015, 11:11 PM
Hi Luke
New to this website.
I have 3 cm of teak and 1 cm of red cedar I want to sell.
The timber is from PNG - the teak is 70 - 100 years old when milled 14 years ago.
I am based on the Sunshine Coast.
Cheers
Mike Luxmoore

Hi Mike,
What size are the pieces? 1cm x ? x ? Is it a plank, cube, etc.? If you plan to sell the pieces, it might be worth posting in the Marketplace with a photo or two.
Cheers,
Philip

doug3030
1st September 2015, 01:16 AM
Hi Mike,
What size are the pieces? 1cm x ? x ? Is it a plank, cube, etc.? If you plan to sell the pieces, it might be worth posting in the Marketplace with a photo or two.
Cheers,
Philip

I think that Mike is talking about Cubic Metres, not centimetres...

Cheers

Doug