PDA

View Full Version : Sydney wood turning events

Mobyturns
26th July 2014, 08:14 PM
A kiwi wood turner mate has a daughter living in the Sydney region& has asked me if I could find out about wood turning events in the region. He is planning to hopefully arrange a family visit to coincide with a wood turning event.

So there is the WWW show of course but any collaboration / participation events or demonstrators planned for the next 6 to 12 months or so?

Thanks in advance for any assistance or info.

wheelinround
27th July 2014, 09:15 AM
You haven't mentioned dates??

I'll start with up coming stuff Carbatec are doing some demos best check their site for details. Hare & Forbes and Trend Timbers have open days in November at which various clubs do demos.

The only other way I suggest is he'd have to contact Sydney Wood Turners Guild or the various clubs which make up the guild here is links to each clubs newsletters.
(http://www.sydneywoodturners.com.au/site/news/newonsite.html)
There are a few individual clubs about also such as Blue Mountains, Western Sydney, Cumberland the Ornamental Turners Group all who may have demonstrations.

March is Kiama wood show which seems to get the ball rolling.

Sturt School of wood Open weekend Mittagong

Mobyturns
27th July 2014, 09:18 AM
You haven't mentioned dates??

Any time in next 6-12 months. Very flexible as he is trying to match his trip with a significant wood turning event if one exists.

wheelinround
27th July 2014, 09:42 AM
Any time in next 6-12 months. Very flexible as he is trying to match his trip with a significant wood turning event if one exists.

If he's will to travel further Hastings Woodies at Wauchope/Port Macquarie put on an excellent weekend.

Then watch out for Woodturners of the Hunter forum member Wood Nut organises some top international demonstrators.

Odd occasions there is a local Get ToGether if some were interested and a venue/home available maybe it could be organised. Fence Furniture Bret is talking about one later this year when it stops snowing at Katoomba:;

smiife
27th July 2014, 07:57 PM
If he's will to travel further Hastings Woodies at Wauchope/Port Macquarie put on an excellent weekend.

Hi wheelie,
Do you know when this event Is on?

wheelinround
28th July 2014, 10:56 AM
Hi wheelie,
Do you know when this event Is on?

This is their events page I can't see the main one listed at Panthers looks like they have just had an event next one is Sept
Events | Hastings Woodworkers Guild | Port Macquarie, NSW (http://www.hastingswoodworkers.com.au/events/)

They meet at Timbertown a few forum members who have slid into the shadows are members there Tony Morton, Tom aka Scribbly Gum

Tony Morton
28th July 2014, 10:48 PM
Hi
Yes the hastings Woodworkers are on again this year but much smaller than in previous years just 2 days 26-27th September in CWA rooms at the river end of Horton Street, we will have midi lathe my pole lathe and scroll saws no other exhibitors or trade stands. Look forward to seeing you there.

Cheers Tony

Mobyturns
29th July 2014, 09:00 AM
Thank you for the info so far, much appreciated.

Tony,

My kiwi mate is a WoW member you have met so I will put him in touch with you.