PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Logs On My Bandsaw - Short Film

andrew7
7th August 2014, 12:08 PM
Had some spare time on the weekend and though i'd have a go at making a quick slowmo film using a couple of new jigs I constructed for my bandsaw recently, hope you enjoy :)

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2pBH2iVZnnc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pBH2iVZnnc

BobL
7th August 2014, 12:20 PM
Nice music and very arty editing on the movie :2tsup:

It would be useful to see the jigs in a bit more detail.

cava
7th August 2014, 01:33 PM
Very well made! And I like the overall presentation. :2tsup:

(However, I would like to see more of the jigs :D )

andrew7
7th August 2014, 01:49 PM
Yep next vid will be more informative, include a much closer look at the jigs and why I chose these two to build :cool:

bosox
13th August 2014, 07:46 AM
Nice video. Thanks for sharing. Is that a Hammer band saw?

andrew7
13th August 2014, 07:11 PM
Thanks, yup 4400

Second video now up with more info about the jigs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlI3vVi9St8&list=UUgjDXG8gjrDrFHW7Uz3mHDw

george mavridis
13th August 2014, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the 2 videos and especially the second showing the jigs in more details....food for thought.

fletty
13th August 2014, 09:09 PM
Andrew,
I'm currently laid up in bed, I started to get flu symptoms the night before the City to Surf but still ran it, got worse through Sunday afternoon resulting in coming home early from work on Monday and barely moving for 3 days EXCEPT for a work thing I had to attend on Tue morning!
Nothing could restore the will to live let alone the will to work wood ......until your video!
I feel lifted and, above all, I am reminded that we woodworkers take a valuable resource that is indiscriminately burnt by others, and turn it into something useful ....and all at peace with our own souls!
thank you, fletty

andrew7
14th August 2014, 11:03 PM
Wow thats great fletty, hope you feel better soon!