PDA

View Full Version : Jarrah Burl Platter / Dishy thing

Willy Nelson
10th August 2014, 08:32 PM
Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen

Another Jarrah Burl Bowl sort of platter looking thing. Approximately 390 mm, and 50 high. It is finished with 10 coats of Danish Oil. I have done heaps of turning and carving lately, kids have been away, working, or playing, and I have been left at home......... to do whatever I want!!!!! Yaaaaaaay Turning and carving it is. Got about 40 platters done, and carved about 50 burls, and turned a heap of pens.

Also, just assembled my new Vicmarc grinding station, first one in WA. I asked Enzo from Vermec to bring one over for the WA wood show, and now it is mine. Missing a few bits, will have to get onto Vicmarc and get them over here. Need it soon as I am about to embark on another Turning phase

Willy
jarrahland

Big A
11th August 2014, 08:36 AM
Nice plate/platter/dishy thing.

I am thinking that with all the burl work you do you would need 3 of each tool - the blunt one, the one you are using and the sharp one. And the cycle would be short, hence the grinding station.

Cheers,
Alister.

turnerted
11th August 2014, 05:30 PM
Great looking dishy thing Willy.Is that a WA technical term?
Ted

Christos
14th August 2014, 06:00 PM
............ to do whatever I want!!!!! Yaaaaaaay Turning and carving it is. Got about 40 platters done, and carved about 50 burls, and turned a heap of pens.....

Exactly how much time alone have you had? :biggrin2:

smiife
14th August 2014, 08:27 PM
Hi willy,
Very nice mate as always,40 platters is
way too many for one man,,,,,, you should
share with me!!:U
Well done.

dai sensei
15th August 2014, 12:05 AM
:cool:

...Got about 40 platters done, and carved about 50 burls, and turned a heap of pens.

:pics: Didn't happen :rolleyes:

Willy Nelson
15th August 2014, 09:08 PM
Exactly how much time alone have you had? :biggrin2:

Ha Ha
Yep, quite a few hours, got all day this Saturday as well
Willy

Okay Neil, Will get some photos for you
Willy