PDA

View Full Version : Tool tagging?

DoctorWu
15th August 2014, 09:17 AM
Just bought myself a new power tool but this time I will get it date tagged before operating. Can anyone suggest someone to do this on the North side of Sydney?

NCArcher
15th August 2014, 10:29 AM
What do you mean by date tagged?

DoctorWu
15th August 2014, 10:42 AM
What do you mean by date tagged?

New tools don't need to be safety checked and tagged, they only need a tag to indicate when they are first put into service.

NCArcher
15th August 2014, 02:29 PM
Are you using this tool for business?
A quick google search shows plenty of options.
http://www.tagandtest.net.au/

DoctorWu
15th August 2014, 02:47 PM
Thanks for that but I just found someone who'll come to me, $49.95 for 10 tools. I can live with that cost, although I don't think I want to follow the regulations by doing them every 3 months.

BobL
15th August 2014, 06:19 PM
So are you running a business or not?

It would be unfortunate if some newbies got sucked into needing this private purposes.

BobL
15th August 2014, 06:22 PM
I can't find the "EDIT" button to fix my previous response but that is what I wanted to say.

It would be unfortunate if some newbies got sucked into thinking they need stuff tagged for private purposes.

DoctorWu
15th August 2014, 08:07 PM
I do have my own business and I also do construction work. My understanding about this is, that it's only required in 'hostile' environments.

TermiMonster
15th August 2014, 08:18 PM
the foreman/supervisor/OHS Officer/boss/workcover guy/man who pays me/etc tells meme to get my tools tagged, I do, otherwise I don't.
On site, it's every 3 months.
TM

TermiMonster
15th August 2014, 08:19 PM
There should be an 'If' in front of that post.
No edit button (or am I stupid?) (Don't answer that:no:)
TM

NCArcher
15th August 2014, 09:32 PM
There are different rules for construction. More frequent testing (monthly) and an up to date log book kept on site. All tools must have the correct colour tag for the month.

You probably already know this but ...:shrug:

NCArcher
15th August 2014, 09:34 PM
I see what you mean. The edit button is gone. The above is for NSW. Other states may differ.