PDA

View Full Version : Soutbend 9" Model C Lathe

JohnDym
17th August 2014, 07:37 PM
I have just acquired a Southbend 9" Model C lathe and am looking for a few missing bits.

The serial no on the bed is VB367 which I do not seem to be able to reconcile with other web sites. The bed does not have any other marking or lettering other than a brass plaque on the back side with a Machine No SG 26.

Need a manual if any one has one or a pdf of one.

Need a Chart of Threads and Feeds which is missing off the gear cover. I have found a copy but very difficult to read. Would be great to have an orignal to mount on the machine.

Also looking for a new back gear (Left hand end gear) as one there at present is missing a few teeth and has been rebuilt a few times.

Regards

JohnDym

Michael G
17th August 2014, 10:14 PM
G'day John and welcome along.
The guys in the Hercus forum may be able to help you with the manual and feed chart.
As for the gear there are a couple who make them. I could do that but I'm in Adelaide. Ueee (Ewan) is Canberra based so may be your best bet to make up a replica or help you repair.

Michael

texx
18th August 2014, 09:17 AM
g'day john .
dont know if you have seen this site yet but you may want to have a look in here.
http://www.australianmetalworkinghobbyist.com/store/

johno

woodfast
20th August 2014, 11:09 PM
I can help you if you send me your address I will photo copy the charts I have for 9 inch lathe David
I have just acquired a Southbend 9" Model C lathe and am looking for a few missing bits.

The serial no on the bed is VB367 which I do not seem to be able to reconcile with other web sites. The bed does not have any other marking or lettering other than a brass plaque on the back side with a Machine No SG 26.

Need a manual if any one has one or a pdf of one.

Need a Chart of Threads and Feeds which is missing off the gear cover. I have found a copy but very difficult to read. Would be great to have an orignal to mount on the machine.

Also looking for a new back gear (Left hand end gear) as one there at present is missing a few teeth and has been rebuilt a few times.

Regards

JohnDym

woodfast
20th August 2014, 11:15 PM
If you message me your address I will photo copy the charts that I have and hope these will be of some help David