PDA

View Full Version : Fixing a flickmixer

craigb
27th June 2005, 11:03 AM
The flickmixer tap on our kitchen sink has started to leak a little bit around the base of the mixer lever so I figure that the equivelent of a washer needs replacing.

I've never done this on a FM tap before. I don't really even know where to start.

Anybody ever fixed one of these things? How difficult is it? Do you need special tools?

Do I have to call a plumber?

gpkennedy
27th June 2005, 01:01 PM
You may be able to do it easily with no special tools. You need to be able to get the handle off, there is usually an allan key hidden under the brand plate. Unscrew this. Take a spanner to the large lock nut on the top of the tap and give it a little tweek. May fix the problem until you can buy a washer kit.

Iain
27th June 2005, 01:07 PM
We had one develope a leak, not a genuine flickmixer, cheaper to replace than put a new ceramic washer in.
New tap cost $60 with 2 year warranty, washer kit was $90.

kiwigeo
28th June 2005, 06:47 PM
We had one develope a leak, not a genuine flickmixer, cheaper to replace than put a new ceramic washer in.
New tap cost $60 with 2 year warranty, washer kit was $90.

Had the same experience with flickmixer copy on my kitchen sink. Washer kit was only slightly cheaper than a whole new tap and by the time plumbers time was factored in..buying a whole new tap was the only sensible option.

Cheers Martin