PDA

View Full Version : Oneway quit on me.

Allen Neighbors
18th September 2014, 11:40 AM
:~ It's a Oneway 1640, 'bout 12 yrs old. I don't know what to do next. I was turning another chunk of Bristlecone, and just turned the lathe off to grab a different tool, (which needed sharpening), and it wouldn't turn back on.
I've tried everything in the book to get it back on, including unplugging the thing, and waiting a full minute before turning it back on. This is supposed to reset everything in the box.
Opened the box, and looked inside. The green "run" light was blinking, and the numbers in the little red window were 8.7. Tried the switch - nothing - and when I looked back at the numbers they were 1.8. Have no idea what that means.
Called the Oneway service center, and they were closed already, so I left a message for them.
Any ideas?

hughie
18th September 2014, 12:34 PM
:~ It's a Oneway 1640, 'bout 12 yrs old. I don't know what to do next. I was turning another chunk of Bristlecone, and just turned the lathe off to grab a different tool, (which needed sharpening), and it wouldn't turn back on.
I've tried everything in the book to get it back on, including unplugging the thing, and waiting a full minute before turning it back on. This is supposed to reset everything in the box.
Opened the box, and looked inside. The green "run" light was blinking, and the numbers in the little red window were 8.7. Tried the switch - nothing - and when I looked back at the numbers they were 1.8. Have no idea what that means.
Called the Oneway service center, and they were closed already, so I left a message for them.
Any ideas?

Hmm, will give it a go Al. sounds like you need to re-set the drive where the red window and the numbers are. There should be some buttons there red, green, and reset and try pressing the reset one if not red then green.
The best thing might be to try and see what make it is ie Allan Bradley etc and the model number. Then punch those into good ole Goggle for help.
I think the Oneway has all its manuals available for download

http://www.oneway.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7&Itemid=10

issatree
18th September 2014, 09:02 PM
Hi Allen,
Try blowing the Dust out of the Starting Switch.
You never know your luck.

Paul39
19th September 2014, 02:47 AM
Definitely blow out the dust.

Also this: http://www.oneway.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=8

in addition to Hughie's above.

I have found Oneway to be responsive to questions. They also make good stuff.

Allen Neighbors
19th September 2014, 10:18 AM
Went out later and plugged it in, and she cranked right up!
Issatree, Hughie, and Paul, I appreciate the links and comments. I called Kevin at Oneway today and talked to him about the trouble. Turns out it was probably the Slow Decelleration gizmo that shuts it down if the brake is overstressed. Just took longer than their book suggests for it to reset itself.
When I opened the door on the box underneath, and pressed the reset switch, because of my shaky hands I hit that little knob that is just to the right. I thought I might have accidentally changed some of the parameters of the device, so I called Kevin today, and he said that know wasn't in service when the power has been switched to the remote device on the swingarm. That tiny knob is the same as the speed pot on the arm power box.
Thanks for the help, everyone.

Tim the Timber Turner
19th September 2014, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE=Allen Neighbors;1807014] The green "run" light was blinking, and the numbers in the little red window were 8.7. Tried the switch - nothing - and when I looked back at the numbers they were 1.8. Have no idea what that means.
QUOTE]

Allen

The number 8.7 is a fault code.:oo:

It means it's time to trade up to a Vicmarc and help out the Aussie economy.:2tsup:

Cheers
Tim:)

ticklingmedusa
19th September 2014, 04:33 PM
It means it's time to trade up to a Vicmarc and help out the Aussie economy.:2tsup:

:D I think his other lathe is a vicmarc .
I know of a few happy owners here.

Allen Neighbors
23rd September 2014, 03:09 AM
:D John's right. I do have a Vicmarc. It's a little one - VL 100 - I named it Little Vic. :rolleyes:
So I guess I might've helped a tiny bit...:)

hughie
24th September 2014, 09:15 AM
Went out later and plugged it in, and she cranked right up!
Issatree, Hughie, and Paul, I appreciate the links and comments. I called Kevin at Oneway today and talked to him about the trouble. Turns out it was probably the Slow Decelleration gizmo that shuts it down if the brake is overstressed. Just took longer than their book suggests for it to reset itself.
When I opened the door on the box underneath, and pressed the reset switch, because of my shaky hands I hit that little knob that is just to the right. I thought I might have accidentally changed some of the parameters of the device, so I called Kevin today, and he said that know wasn't in service when the power has been switched to the remote device on the swingarm. That tiny knob is the same as the speed pot on the arm power box.
Thanks for the help, everyone.

All good! :2tsup: