PDA

View Full Version : New forum

ubeaut
18th September 2014, 03:37 PM
One for all you people out there who own Dremel, Proxon or any other type of small rotary machine here's a forum just for you,

So get in and show us your stuff, ask questions, offer advice, etc, etc, etc.

Forum is now open and ready for use.

You have popawisky to thank for this one.

Cheers - Neil :U

DoctorBobski
18th September 2014, 07:48 PM
Great news and perfect timing as my dremel just blew up. I'll have to consider a 'which rotary tool to buy?' thread:U

FenceFurniture
18th September 2014, 08:06 PM
Which model is it Nathan? I had one (but can't remember the model) which suffered from "lights are on, nobody home" - just wouldn't run. It had been this way for a while (couple of years) and eventually I got around to sending it for repair. Even though the wty was finished a couple of months prior they just replaced it with a newer model. Seems there may have been something wrong with the model I purchased - another member had the same thing, and IIRC he told me of another person who had the same thing.

It may vary from model to model, but my wty was 3 years.

crowie
18th September 2014, 08:22 PM
I have 4 Dremel tools....
a circular saw, a router, a flex shaft with sander and one setup for sharpening my chainsaw.....
very handy tool for toymaking....

FenceFurniture
18th September 2014, 08:27 PM
Just checked - I had the 400 which just stopped working, and it was replaced with a 4000

DoctorBobski
18th September 2014, 08:35 PM
Hi Brett. It was a 400 XPR and well outside the 5 year warranty. It tries to run but blows sparks from the bushes - they have plenty of meat on them and even replacing them didn't help. I think something has burnt out on the rotor. Trying now to decide on the new 4200 or go to a proxxon. I must admit I do like the base that turns the dremel into a mini router ans used it quite a lot. There used to be one for the proxxon but they have discontinued it and this might be the deal breaker. There just doesn't seem to be any other decent competition for the dremel and I for one would like some more choice for better build quality as I've read the new dremels aren't what the older models once were.

KBs PensNmore
18th September 2014, 11:15 PM
Thanks for setting this up. Where do you send it for repairs? I've a 300 that decided to give up the ghost, just stopped:?.
Kryn

jhovel
18th September 2014, 11:53 PM
Does anyone have a Dremel less than 5 years old that has,lasted as long as expected?
My first one 15 year's ago lasted nearly 10 years. The two subsequent ones lasted between months and a year, a.A. did each of the warranty repairs (1) and replacements (2).
Now I have obviously given up on them and use an air pencil grinder and a Makita laminate trimmer instead - depending on the job.

crowie
18th September 2014, 11:54 PM
Thanks for setting this up. Where do you send it for repairs? I've a 300 that decided to give up the ghost, just stopped:?.
Kryn

G'Day Kryn, I have an old mate who is an authorized service centre for them in Sydney and if you send him an email he should be able to tell you the local authorized service centre, cheers, crowie...

De Rossi Industrail in Lidcombe

http://www.derossi.com.au/contact

FenceFurniture
18th September 2014, 11:58 PM
De Rossi Industrail in Lidcombe

http://www.derossi.com.au/contactYep, good crowd, good service. It was them that I sent mine to - the replacement wasn't offered - it just arrived a matter of <1 week later..

FenceFurniture
19th September 2014, 12:02 AM
Does anyone have a Dremel less than 5 years old that has,lasted as long as expected?G'day Joe

Wonder if there was a change of manufacturing country that reflects this performance difference? If not manufacture, then perhaps parts supplier origin (i.e. can still be "Made in Germany" completely from parts that are not made in Germany - assembly being the biggest value add and therefore Made in XXX is legally correct.

issatree
19th September 2014, 02:30 AM
Hi All,
Great New Forum, what.
Dremel's were a bit to much for my pocket, when I thought I needed one.
A local business was bought by M10, & they had a sale going, & sitting there was a Green G Force $19.95. Has not missed a beat, & have had it for many years. Doesn't get a whole lot of work, but when I want it, it is there.
I noticed recently Aldi had a Taurus?? one, & also the Extension Pencil Piece as well. About $45 I think.