PDA

View Full Version : Something NEW

ubeaut
21st September 2014, 01:13 PM
All things being equal we will be releasing a great new product at the Melbourne Timber & Working With Wood Show in October.

Took a number of 50 ml bottles to Down Under Turnaround a week ago for trial and the overwhelming opinion from professionals and amateurs alike was: :2tsup: WOW!!! http://www.ubeaut.biz/woohoo.gif

Waiting on special bottles and hopefully they will be here in time to get it ready for the show.

The new catch cry will be:

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE.....
OIL OIL OIL!!!or
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE.....
Oil's áint oils!
Below is a rough mockup of label. To date there is no Information sheet or MSDS on line they will come later

Cheers - Neil :U

FenceFurniture
21st September 2014, 01:56 PM
Is there anything to stop one using it on larger pieces? Is it strictly only for rubbing in or can it be sanded in?

Are there any plans to maybe produce other oils for bigger pieces?

issatree
21st September 2014, 08:41 PM
Hi All, Neil,
Had a go with the New Product.
Thought it was great, & worked a treat on the piece I was Turning.
I took it down to 1200G. tipped the Bottle up on a clean piece of rag, scraped the rag back across the bottle opening, & rubbed up & down my piece, worked a treat.
I did that twice, & I think no matter what I used, I wood not of got a better finish.
Neil had a look at it, & I passed with flying colours.
When it is ready, I'm up for some.

ubeaut
22nd September 2014, 09:41 AM
Is there anything to stop one using it on larger pieces? Probably not but it is reasonably quick drying which is what makes it different, so larger surfaces might be a little hard to cope with. Haven't even tried it out to be quite honest. Biggest I'd be going is maybe a small jewelery box. But who known people have a way of doing their own thing and going for broke on all sorts of work.

Is it strictly only for rubbing in or can it be sanded in? Not for sanding in. Because of the reasonably quick drying time it would most likely just make a mess. On the other hand this is also something that hasn't been tried but not what it was designed for so who knows what it can do if tried.

Are there any plans to maybe produce other oils for bigger pieces? None what so ever. I can already produce something similar to what others have, so why bother. I don't want to make any also ran product. If I can't make something different or better than what's already on the market I'm not really interested.

Only way to see what it's capable of other than what it's supposed to be for is to try it out. Shellawax was never designed to be anything other than a friction polish (basically for use on the lathe) however I have heard of people doing kitchen bench tops, tables and other large flat surfaces with it. Definitely not what it was designed to do nor is it what I would recommend, but if that's what floats your boat, well and good.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers - Neil :U

Glenn.Visca
22nd September 2014, 09:49 AM
Good luck with the new product Neil !