PDA

View Full Version : A pen story

Phil Spencer
30th June 2005, 10:15 AM
Several years ago I received a commission to make 50 pens shaped like an old Police truncheon for the then Victorian Police Commissioner to be handed out to his peers at a South East Asian Police Commissioners conference.

I used the baseball bat pen kit to make these pens they were laser etched and presented in a velvet presentation case all in all the finished product looked thckity boo. :)

What the customer did not know was what went into making these pens. I share my workshop with a cranky old cat he does not like me working past 5PM it keeps him awake and he does not like this. On this particular night I was working late gluing the inserts into the drilled out blanks my intention was to leave the blanks in an ice cream container for the glue to try so as I could turn the pens the next day at about 9PM the cat started getting cranky so I thought that I should pack up for the night.

The next day I found the ice cream container full of a clear liquid funny I thought there was no rain last night and the roof did not leak. Then it hit me the cat had backed up and P***ED in the ice cream container this was his way of paying me back for keeping him awake. Having no choice but to proceed with the job the Police Commissioner received his order by the due date what they don’t know is….:eek:

This is a true story the cat and me have an understanding now if I am out by 5 he does not P**S on my work.

Sir Stinkalot
30th June 2005, 02:31 PM
What the customer did not know was what went into making these pens. I share my workshop with a cranky old cay he does not like me working past 5PM it keeps him awake and he does not like this. On this particular night I was working late gluing the inserts into the drilled out blanks my intention was to leave the blanks in an ice cream container for the glue to try so as I could turn the pens the next day at about 9PM the cat started getting cranky so I thought that I should pack up for the night.

Phil ...... nice story ...... can I suggest that you change cay to cat and it will read much better.

dai sensei
30th June 2005, 09:51 PM
Interesting story. Did you keep any photos of the pens? Baseball bat pen kits?

Phil Spencer
30th June 2005, 09:59 PM
Interesting story. Did you keep any photos of the pens? Baseball bat pen kits?
Pen kit was in the Carbatec catalouge don't know if it still is it was a pen that was shaped like a baseball bat I modified it to look like an early Police truncheon the cap was the handle sorry no photos.

dai sensei
30th June 2005, 10:58 PM
Pen kit was in the Carbatec catalouge don't know if it still is it was a pen that was shaped like a baseball bat I modified it to look like an early Police truncheon the cap was the handle sorry no photos.
Thanks Phil. I have 2002/4 & 5 versions from Carbatec but couldn't see them. Good idea though, something different.

DanP
1st July 2005, 01:54 PM
If it was Neil or Kel, then I find it very amusing, particularly if it was Neil. :D

Dan