PDA

View Full Version : Hiya from the US

ben2go
2nd October 2014, 04:01 PM
Hi all.I am from upstate South Carolina in the US.I live in the foothills of the South Carolina and North Carolina mountains,almost on the state line.I have always had an interest in woodworking and especially wooden boats.My high school industrial technology teacher got me interested, after showing me a custom slate top wooden billiards table, his class in Vermont built.I was a game room attendant and traveled around my area rebuilding pay to play billiard tables.I also played 9 ball and 8 ball in local competitions.I wasn't really any good.I also worked in the carpentry field and home remodeling.I'm currently in the process of remodeling one of my houses.I'm hoping to build a new outbuilding to keep my motorcycles and lawn/garden equipment in.That pretty much sums it up.I'm here to learn more.

Thanks to the forum staff for approving my membership.

artme
2nd October 2014, 05:19 PM
G'day Ben and welcome to the best shed in the known universe!!

Great to see you here!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Plenty to learn here and plenty of fun to be had, so jump right in and enjoy!

crowie
2nd October 2014, 05:45 PM
G'Day & Welcome to the Great Southern Land and to a top forum "Ben".
There are quite a few members from across the USA, North America and the rest of the world.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.....
Cheers from On Top DownUnder, crowie

Christos
2nd October 2014, 06:10 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Nanigai
2nd October 2014, 10:07 PM
Welcome Ben, hope you enjoy your stay. Lots to see here, best forum on the net...:2tsup::2tsup:
Cheers, Ian

old1955
3rd October 2014, 11:42 AM
Welcome to the forum Ben.

ben2go
4th October 2014, 04:12 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. :2tsup:

JJF
5th October 2014, 08:16 AM
welcome aboard

Opelblues2
6th October 2014, 07:43 AM
welcome to the Forum. It's a great place to be lots of information from everywhere, just remember all ways, a lot of the members here don't read much, we need photo's http://d1r5wj36adg1sk.cloudfront.net/images/smilies/happy/biggrin.gif

ben2go
7th October 2014, 09:03 AM
Sorry for my absence.My lady had family in town and I took a mini vacation on my motorcycle this weekend.Not much getting done around here.We are getting ready for winter.We had our first frost 2 nights past.I have to say,there is a lot of talent on these forums.Catch you all later.I have a forum to explore.:U