PDA

View Full Version : Sealing Concrete Pavers

Strungout
1st July 2005, 06:01 PM
Hi,

I Just finished getting some concrete pavers laid (During the rain).

Because of the light beige colour,I want to seal them to protect them from dirt.

I have had some prices to get them sealed and the price has totally shocked me! $600 to $700 or about 15psqm

I am pretty sure it could not be that hard to coat about 40SQM of them

Does anybody know or can recommend a good quality sealing product that I can use ?

It is only a courtyard but it is a main entrance to the back door and there is a chance we will be BBQing there.

What type of product should I use ,an acrylic sealer or other?

Any other info that may help or is $15 .00 SQM a fair price?

Thanks

Greg

Stylesy
1st July 2005, 06:09 PM
Greg,

Over Christmas period I laid just over 30sqm of sandstone look concrete pavers, so similar to your predicament. I was told to let them dry out for about 6 weeks before sealing, in order for any salts to be brought to the surface (which actually did happen). Gave them a good brushing with a stiff brush to clean, then did the sealing myself. I bought a 6litre tin of Crommellin's natural look sealer for about $55 (though there are a few others, all around that price at Bunnies). Grabbed a big cheap brush, some cheap rollers and used those. Gave the whole thing two coats (could have given three, but got lazy) and they've come up a treat. I've dropped a few spills on them which come off the surface perfectly. So in my opinion, grab the above and do it yourself - for under $100 :) .

Simomatra
1st July 2005, 07:43 PM
Goodn advise from Stylesy. Thats the way to go. Did this many years ago with a similar product and no problems since. Handles red wine no hassels

Sam

Jon
2nd July 2005, 09:33 AM
Amber also sell a range of sealers. When I was doing my paving it seemed that the more you paid for the product the longer the time between resealing is.
I applied mine using one of those hand held pump up spayer packs.

Jon