PDA

View Full Version : Huron mill

markgray
12th October 2014, 11:01 PM
So did anyone from the forum pick up the Huron mill on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Huron-Universal-Milling-Machine-/281456600738?nma=true&si=5eQoM7GX66Af3%252FoSK78OxzGqWy4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I spoke with the owner and it sounded like a good machine. Sold for $5100 in the end. Wanted to post it here but figured that might upset someone.

Mark

RayG
13th October 2014, 11:52 AM
Wanted to post it here but figured that might upset someone.
Mark

Of course there are also plenty of those of us who are upset that you didn't post it..... :D

Ray

Tankstand
13th October 2014, 04:19 PM
We have the same mill at work, we'll be selling it in 2.5 years time.
Does anyone know of a chart for the compound head angles?
We've never had a machine manual for it.

markgray
13th October 2014, 04:50 PM

Hi Tankstand, I spoke the the guy selling this mill and he had 2 the same and a manual for each! Will be home later and can give you a PM with his name and phone number. Seemed a nice guy and I am sure he would ?copy it for you. I would love to have one of these mills but have given the bank account a fair workout recently ?but in 2 1/2 years may be interested. Also can we post before the auction finishes? I would love all these types of machines to end up in forum members sheds. So much more than what the same money could buy you at Hare and Forbes or similar. So to post or not to post ..... that is the question Regards Mark

.RC.
13th October 2014, 06:39 PM
Of course you can post before the auction finishes... We are not those few loudmouth americans that carry on, on the practical machinist site.. :D

Pete F
13th October 2014, 08:43 PM
Post away Mark, I've picked up a bit of gear through members posting here and I know plenty of others have too. It's all good.

snapatap
14th October 2014, 07:13 PM

We have chart for a mill at work with a similar head. I will see if i can copy it for you.