PDA

View Full Version : What is this worth? MC 900 and parts

RC-DIY
21st October 2014, 07:16 AM
Hi all
I want to sell my dads lathe. He passed away last year and I know I'll never be able to add another hobby to my already too large list.
I would like some idea of how much to sell it for and where to sell it Its in Northside Brisbane
Its a MC 900
Here are a couple of photos

Thanks Jeffrey

Paul39
21st October 2014, 09:36 AM
Jeffrey,

My rule of thumb in buying or selling is to ask 50% of new if everything is in good working condition. The four jaw chuck looks to be an engineers chuck used in metal working, so may or may not be of interest to a wood turner.

Go to Google and look up the name branded things to get prices. Rusty things bring less. High end tools bring more. I imported the tools photo into Picasa and enlarged and lightened it to see what you had, but still can't read the names.

A photo and price stuck on a bulletin board at a men's shed or turning club might get a response.

A place that sells used woodworking equipment might sell it on consignment.

Fuzzie
21st October 2014, 02:28 PM
Hi Jeffrey,

That looks like a Sher Power MC900 which is an older version of the current crop on MC-900's currently available new for $500.
I recently sold one the same model as yours but in very rough condition with broken adjustment levers and without good chisels and had interest at the $100 mark, but I just wanted it gone. There are some asking $450 for near new ones on gumtree.

Jim Carroll
21st October 2014, 05:18 PM
$100.00- $150.00 on a good day