PDA

View Full Version : The odd couple Wally and Pea

Redbog
24th October 2014, 12:45 PM
For 13 years have had Wally, a massive labrador, helping me in the shed by knocking stuff over with his tail, getting under foot and generally being a great mate, but getting older and slowing down. 18 mths ago, my daughter had her heart broken by a two-timing @#$%^, and was grief-stricken to the point SWMBO and I thought she might need professional help. As an interim measure, I thought if she had something to love, she might come good, and bought her a miniature poodle pup.

Net result, in 2 weeks the daughter was brand new, lost interest in the pup, and the little fella attached himself to me, big-time. Have never seen myself as a poodle kinda bloke, but Pea is a delight, and the big dog has a new lease on life, play fighting and all the rest. Pea wouldn't make one good mouthful for Wally, but they are great mates, and I now have two traffic hazards in the shed. Life moves in mysterious ways, eh?:D

BobL
24th October 2014, 02:14 PM
A friend of our works in an animal shelter and based on her experiences I'm always worried about using animals as unrequested gifts.

Fortunately it looks like it's worked out and they look like a good team.
Thanks for posting the pic.

Redbog
24th October 2014, 06:32 PM
A friend of our works in an animal shelter and based on her experiences I'm always worried about using animals as unrequested gifts. Fortunately it looks like it's worked out and they look like a good team. Thanks for posting the pic.

Hi Bob, I am with you, a dog is for life for sure, but the daughter had moved home, and Pea was never going any where but right where he is! BTW, thanks for your many authoritative replies helping forumites with technical advice. Have found your replies excellent. Are/were you a ginger beer? Cheers, Redbog (Harry)