PDA

View Full Version : Transport-Freight companies

Lyle
28th October 2014, 07:35 AM
This is the most logical forum for this post, I thought. Moderators please move if it is not appropriate here.

I need to get my old woodlathe from Medowie NSW to Maryborough West in QLD.
I have crated it and dimensions/weight are = 170 x 50 x 60 CM and 150Kgs. Will need a tailgate pickup and delivery.
I have tried unsuccessfully to use various online freight calculators (eg Toll etc). I'll keep trying.

Has anyone used a freight company that they'd reccommend.

Thanks
Lyle.

Sir Stinkalot
28th October 2014, 01:35 PM
I have used http://www.e-go.com.au/home.do in the past. It has an online quote facility but you may have to email them in relation to the tail lift that you require.

I can't say that my delivery was flawless but they did pay up on their insurance :doh: ..... For my delivery that actual transport component was ok but I wasn't notified when the goods arrived and were ready for collection which caused the issues resulting in the insurance claim. If I have my time again I would have been one of those annoying people constantly calling to see when my goods were ready for pick up rather than just waiting patiently to be told they had arrived.

Others have used E-go and been happy with the service, and despite my problems I would give them another go.

Lyle
29th October 2014, 07:16 AM
I couldn't get e-go to work.
But did find mainfreight, who gave me a reasonable quote = $300.

Thanks for the info.
Lyle.