PDA

View Full Version : Hello and happy to meet you all!

jim.scrollsaws
4th November 2014, 08:30 AM
Hey guys,

I'm completely new around here and I was curious to get a sense of how others on the forum think. Naturally, I think woodworking is a great hobby. It keeps us active, we can take pride in making our own custom items and I've seen people make outstanding, personalized gifts for their close ones.

But what do you think? What are the main reasons for you to take such an interest in woodworking? Is it just a hobby, or work for you?

I don't expect a lot of long answers, this is just a little curiosity of mine http://www.routerforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Also, do you have any other hobbies besides this?

Thanks!

old1955
4th November 2014, 02:56 PM
Welcome to the forum.

crowie
4th November 2014, 07:04 PM
G'Day & Welcome to the Great Southern Land and to a top forum "Jim".
There are quite a few members from Florida, across the USA, North America and the rest of the world.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.....
Cheers from On Top DownUnder, crowie

Jim, For me it's a hobby to help keep busy & active in retirement. I enjoy making wooden toys and trying to encourage all to just have a go.
Working with timber can be and is so rewarding to make a toy and for the most give it away for a child to enjoy....just grand.....

JJF
7th November 2014, 04:02 AM
Welcome to a forum

Christos
7th November 2014, 05:26 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Perfect Pens
8th November 2014, 08:58 PM
Welcome Jim,

Enjoy the forums :2tsup:
Cheers
Tony