PDA

View Full Version : Finally...my first CBG`s are finished.

doggadog
5th November 2014, 08:25 PM
hi all. It`s been a busy couple of months making these bad boys. So much fun and a steep learning curve. Many things I would do differently. Looking forward to the next two...have orders for them already. My son saw them and definitely wants one and also a mate wants one. Addictive little tackers. I`m going to have to learn to play a bit now. Might just slide up and down the fret board a bit...:D. Anyway here are a few pics of them. cheers

BTW.....the first pic shows.....
1..top one.....cedar top, coachwood sides, camphor laurel back, blackwood neck, rosewood f/b.

2..middle one...kauri pine top, coachwood sides, camphor laurel back, blackwood neck, rosewood f/b.

3..bottom one..an actual cigar box, blackwood neck, rosewood f/b.330444330445330446, Graeme

orraloon
5th November 2014, 10:01 PM
Graeme,
They look pretty good.:2tsup:
Nice to see you have taken the trouble to make a decent neck with angled headstock. Better than most of the strait sticks mostly used on CBGs. As you say it is a learning curve but each one will be better than the last.
I have found that home built boxes usually have better sound than actual cigar boxes. How have you found things with those three. The punters however usually want the look of a propper cigar box.
Keep up the good work.
Regards
John

Sebastiaan56
6th November 2014, 07:20 AM
Looking good!

Cliff Rogers
6th November 2014, 08:51 AM
:2tsup:

Do they have pickups or are they acoustic?

doggadog
6th November 2014, 03:11 PM
thanks John. Looking forward to the next build as I have learned heaps doing these three.

thanks Sebastiaan.

thanks Cliff. They have piezo pickups (thin discs) under the soundboard just near the bridge and forward a tad.