PDA

View Full Version : Replacing "Nu-Line" gutters with normal fascia and gutters

Timo
3rd July 2005, 08:47 PM
Has anyone had any experience with "Nu-Line" or "Ace-Line" gutters (the type of gutters attachted directly to the rafter tails with no fascia board)...more importantly taking them off and installing fascia boards and normal gutters?

ian
15th July 2005, 12:26 AM
welcome
Looks like this one was missed by those in the know.
bumping may mean they see it

ian

Barry_White
15th July 2005, 01:03 PM
Timo

I think you will find difficulty getting the groove in any metal fascia to line up with the eaves lining because the groove in Aceline gutter is much higher.

My brother in law wanted to do this and I was prepared to sell him the gutter and the fascia when I was with Lysaght, but in the end he just replaced the Aceline gutter and ended up getting a contractor in to do it because it was just to difficult.

You may be able to do it using timber fascia and ripping it down to line up the eaves lining. The only problem with that is you will have very little fascia showing below the gutter.

The other way would be to rip another groove in the fascia higher up the back.

The other alternative is to go to a company like Lysaghts, Metroll or Stramit and get long length custom metal fascia folded up. They can do this in up to 8 metre lengths.

One other problem when doing this you may have to support the eaves lining whilst doing the job.