PDA

View Full Version : Essential tremors -result of scans etc.

Oldgreybeard
10th November 2014, 07:10 PM
I have just got the neurologists report and the good news is that I don't have essential tremors.:no:

The problem is moderate to servere narrowing of the openings through which the nerves pass through the vertibrae in the neck which is caused by a degenerative disorder of the cervical spine. Simply put - "You're getting old mate - so go build a bridge and get over it : it ain't going away.":(( The size of the openings will continue to contract over the coming years and at that time neurosurgery may be required.

Anti-inflamatory medication is working pretty well during the day, but not much help at night. So, as long as I confine woodturning activities to the daylight hours, I should be able to continue for some time to come. :U

Well time to get back to work - have 50 boxes to do and daughters have put in thier Christmas orders.:2tsup:

Bob

elderly
10th November 2014, 08:09 PM
Great to hear that the news was pretty good Bob. Take care.
Cheers Frank.

Sturdee
10th November 2014, 10:07 PM
Good to hear Bob.

Like me you just have to learn to accept getting older and having health issues to annoy you and stopping you from doing all that you want to do.

Peter.

Tim Creeper
17th November 2014, 11:10 AM
Hi Bob, as one who has these problems (Stenosis) I'm glad you can still work; doing what you love. Keep it up as long as you can mate.
:) Tim

rob streeper
17th November 2014, 12:25 PM
Careful of the steroid-pain killer injections. I had one and never will again. Took me years to get over the effects.