PDA

View Full Version : A bitsa

powderpost
20th November 2014, 10:59 PM
Now and again I get the urge to "clean up", often a few "left over" bits turn up, looking interesting and that puts an end to the cleaning routine. This is one of those cases. The gold hinge ring was found hiding on a shelf and was left over from when I used to sell a bit of gear. The segmented ring base was to be the neck ring of a vase. It was dumped because it had too much of an open grain and didn't suit the project. It was about four years old and was destined to be part of an AWTEX entry. The timber is quila. The infill panel in the top is a mix of red cedar and silver ash, also the end of the "log", that made a few motifs for boxes.
The whole thing came together reasonably well. It measures 85mm diameter and 45mm high.

C and C welcome

Jim

Mobyturns
21st November 2014, 08:17 AM
"The whole thing came together reasonably well." you could say that but I reckon the rest of us would be over the moon with an end result like that. :rolleyes:

A Duke
21st November 2014, 10:21 AM
Hi,
Looks good, but you are just giving us hoarders another example that nothing should be dumped in case it might come in useful some day.
:):D:U
Regards

Bruce White
21st November 2014, 11:12 AM
Hi,
Looks good, but you are just giving us hoarders another example that nothing should be dumped in case it might come in useful some day.
:):D:U
Regards

Yes... I have been trying to convince my dear Wife that I NEEEEED another shed to store the overflow. Her answer? "you won't live long enough to turn the wood you have now!"

Oldgreybeard
21st November 2014, 11:23 AM
Yes... I have been trying to convince my dear Wife that I NEEEEED another shed to store the overflow. Her answer? "you won't live long enough to turn the wood you have now!"

Good to know that I am not the only one with that problem:D

Bob

Christos
21st November 2014, 04:02 PM
I like the way this had come together both from the story and the flow of events.

:2tsup:

TTIT
21st November 2014, 10:45 PM
Good to know that I am not the only one with that problem:D

BobBad choice of words :think: - I don't see it as a 'problem' . . . . . . for anyone except my kids who will have to deal with the leftover when the day comes :U

coffenup
22nd November 2014, 04:33 PM
the two pieces look like they were made as the one project
reagrds Michael

ACT_Grumbles
22nd November 2014, 08:35 PM
Lovely work!