PDA

View Full Version : Cricket Australia and South Africa

Christos
24th November 2014, 08:18 AM
For those that follow the cricket and the recent one day series between Australia and South Africa yesterday's match was a close one. I was not able to watch the whole match as I had to share the TV. I had it on my phone on and off and it was a very tense in the last four overs.

Sometimes you get a player that can change a match and it was looking like South African Robin Peterson was going to do just that. His last over was a maiden with 2 wickets. And now for the last over of the day Australia needed four runs to win and Peterson was selected to bowl.

I don't even recall where the ball was hit to just that Faulkner hit a four and Australia wins.

Chesand
24th November 2014, 09:36 AM
I watched it and like you cannot recall where the last ball was hit to.
If Maxwell, particularly, and Wade had played just a little more carefully it may have finished a little earlier.

Sir Stinkalot
24th November 2014, 07:37 PM
Personally I do like cricket but struggle with the 20-20 and one day matches, particularly the dead rubbers. There just doesn't seem to be much point to the constant series being played, if they loose a series it doesn't matter too much, they just roll onto the next one.

I find the test matches hold my interest much longer as there seems to be more at stake. I think Cricket Australia really need to work on the marketing and hype. The start of the season just seems to arrive without any fanfare. Cricket Australia would have to be disappointed on the crowd numbers from what I saw on the tv coverage last night .