PDA

View Full Version : Where is this Lady.

issatree
26th November 2014, 09:25 AM
Hi to All,
My Friends were in Tasmania recently, & went to Richmond.
A Lady had a Shop, selling Knitting Needles, Lace Bobbins, Crochet Hooks, Ect.
I wood like to get in touch with this Lady, so do any of the Tassie People know of her.
I have Googled around, but didn't find anything, & my Friends forgot to get her Business Card.
Hope you can help. Thank You.

Sorry, but couldn't find the right place to put this ask.

Chesand
26th November 2014, 09:39 AM
Lewis

www.richmondvillage.com.au shows a list of the stores there. If the one you want is not listed, perhaps a phone call to any of them would help you.

Hope that helps

wheelinround
26th November 2014, 06:35 PM
Use Google Maps street view and look for the shop :;

issatree
27th November 2014, 01:29 AM
Thank You Both, but I have done all that.
Can't do the Shop thing as I don't the name of Her Shop.
I will keep at it, to see if I am able to find her.
Then as a last resort I will Ph. someone in the vicinity, & they maybe able to help.

brendan stemp
27th November 2014, 08:19 AM
It could be
The Woodcraft SHop
23 Bridges St
Richmond

Owners name is Rachel Casey

george mavridis
27th November 2014, 08:48 AM
It could be
The Woodcraft SHop
23 Bridges St
Richmond

Owners name is Rachel Casey
We were there in September, usually when we go looking at shops I'm the one standing outside while my wife spends ages looking inside. Well this time I was the one doing all the looking while she stood outside.

issatree
28th November 2014, 01:02 AM
Hi Brendan, George,
There were photos to look at of The Woodshop, but I was unable to see any evidence of the Hooks, Bobbins, Needles or Drop Spindles.
I will fire some more questions at my Friend Today, as we are going Fishing, hoping the netter's are gone.
We really battle to catch Fish of any kind.
So Thanks for your replies. I really thought some of the Tasmanian People wood pick up on this Lady.

artful bodger
28th November 2014, 05:28 PM
Could it be "Ambrosial Grange The Lace shop" 42a Bridge st Richmond PH 03 62602493.?

issatree
30th November 2014, 01:37 AM
bump

Nobby
30th November 2014, 07:52 AM
Hi
It could be Ewe Nique 44 bridge st Richmond 0362602338

Nobby

Wood Collector
30th November 2014, 09:32 AM
Did you buy anything from the shop as if you did then it will be on the receipt the name of the store and contact details.

Big Shed
30th November 2014, 09:37 AM
I have been to Richmond Tas, there are probably only 5-6 shops in Bridge St, the main street.

It would only take 5 or 6 phone calls and a simple question to establish whether they sell the items you are interested in.

Can't be that hard, surely?

Richmond is only a very small place, main claim to fame is the convict built bridge.

artful bodger
30th November 2014, 10:23 PM
bump

bump?
That is a cryptic response if ever I have heard one!
Maybe I am not up to date on the "hip vocabulary"? Please put me in the picture!
Not angry or anything here, just don't know the lingo.
BTW Ambrosial Grange is actually a shop in Richmond, that sells that sort of stuff.

Driftabout
30th November 2014, 11:11 PM
bump?
That is a cryptic response if ever I have heard one!
Maybe I am not up to date on the "hip vocabulary"? Please put me in the picture!

I believe bumping a thread is just a way of moving an old thread back up to the front of the queue. Prevents it fading away. As a courtesy the word bump is inserted to signify what is happening.

issatree
1st December 2014, 08:01 PM
Hi To You All,
So Thank You for your responses, & although I looked rather hard, it did turn out that This Lady was really at The Woodcraft Shop, after all.
Have been it touch via a phone call, & she was quite enthusiastic to my sending her some samples of my work.
I'm thinking that postage will kill the deal.

To Artful Bodger,
As explained, if you want to have your written piece go to Page 1 again, all you do is write " Bump ", & that is all you put, nothing else. I was trying to get more responses, so I Bumped it. As a result I got the info I wanted.

So Thank You 1 & All.

Bedford
1st December 2014, 08:13 PM
You can also use this from the Smilie list.

:bump: