PDA

View Full Version : Door panels

wooden5
5th July 2005, 12:24 PM
Presently, I am remodeling a kitchen in maple with flat maple doors. I am looking for a cheaper substitute for the flat panels in the doors. I am waiting for good-on-two side maple plywood but because of its expense, I am wondering if there is a satisfactory alternate. Any help? Thanks.

Mark_C
5th July 2005, 02:21 PM
Hi,
An alternative to this would be using a Particle Board or MDF substrate that is veneered with Maple, thus reducing the expense as Plywood can be quite costly. Contact me regarding prices on this job.

Regards,

Mark Cleverley
Internal Sales Consultant
Realwood Architectural Panels
(03) 9359 2555
[email protected]

Graham Sands
5th July 2005, 05:04 PM
Wooden5,

I have just finished making some cupboards and doors with Tasmanian Oak veneered MDF and Solid Tasmanian Oak (see pic).

The veneered MDF is manufactured by Laminex Industries in 1200x2400 sheets. They make it to order: veneer type, thickness, MDF or plywood, good two sides or down grade back. You might have to order it through a timber supplier or cabinet maker (see other post).

The Maples they have are: American Rock, Queensland and Sliced Pacific. They have a very nice brochure/catalogue which you can download at www.laminex.com.au, best to get a "real one" (hardcopy).

silentC
5th July 2005, 05:39 PM
What do you reckon the shipping would be to Michigan?