PDA

View Full Version : Rocking dinasaur

fran
5th July 2005, 02:45 PM
There is a picture of a rocking dinasaur rather than a rocking horse on the web, but it seems that the plans have to be obtained from USA. Can anyone tell me if there is a place in Aust. I can get the plans, or does anyone have them , that does not require them any more.

Frank

Tikki
5th July 2005, 06:39 PM
Hi Frank

The pattern (no 815) for the rocking dinosaur below is available from this company in Sydney

http://www.ubuildit.com.au/about.html

Also found a book in our local library ... Children's Furniture Projects by Jeff Miller - there's a pattern in there

Cheers
Tikki :)

smidsy
6th July 2005, 12:10 AM
Hi Frank
Also found a book in our local library ... Children's Furniture Projects by Jeff Miller - there's a pattern in there

Cheers

Don't spose you've got the book and are able to scan the dinosaur pages are you?
None of the libraries here in WA have the book.
Cheers
Paul

Tikki
6th July 2005, 01:12 AM
Hi Paul

No, I researched the book in the local library online catalogue. Give me a few days and I'll get it for you.

Cheers

Tikki
6th July 2005, 01:44 AM
Whoops, just checked and it's booked out til August 2. Can you wait til then?

Cheers

smidsy
6th July 2005, 02:07 AM
Nah don't worry about it, I've got my feelers out for an e-version of that book but I might splurge and get the plan if that fails.
Thanks anyway.
Cheers
Paul

Sir Stinkalot
6th July 2005, 02:23 PM
I have the plans for Bessie the rocking cow from the above link ..... it looks quite easy to make and well worth the purchase. I also have the rocking motorbike. Just waiting for my sister to pop her child out so I know which one to make first. :D

smidsy
6th July 2005, 02:40 PM
Hei Guys,
I've just ordered the Jeff Miller book from Amazon - it's costing me $15.30US for the book and $15.98US for freight.
The crazy thing is though, that is still about $15AUS cheaper than the best price I could find for the book here.

I think once you have the plan it would be simple to reprofile the shape to suit.
Just make sure your design is done with more thought than the one in this pic.
Cheers
Paul

fran
8th July 2005, 01:20 PM
Thank you Tikki,
I have rung Ubuildit and they are sending me the plans.'
Much appreciated.

Frank

i_r_toys
9th July 2005, 08:45 PM
http://www.tools-portal.com/de/digitalebauplaene/gartenmoebel.asp

try this site