PDA

View Full Version : Hi, from Oklahoma City

Beverly
8th December 2014, 12:57 PM
I've been looking at some woodworking forums because I would like to learn more about working with wood. I've done some simple rough things in the past. but nothing detailed or high quality. I think probably the most finished thing I have every made was a rocking horse for my granddaughter who is now 23 yrs old. I have not had a place to setup any kind of a workshop until I bought my house two years ago. I have a 2 car garage and only have 1 vehicle so I have been purchasing some new and used equipment. While I was a maintenance mechanic for many years I have not used some of the tools used in making nice wood products. We recently had two new babies born in October so I'm looking at making them either a rocking horse or a rocking chair. One boy and one girl so I can get creative. I will be asking questions about equipment and procedures that I've either never used or not used in the past 10 years and techniques that will work the easiest for what I want to accomplish.
I'm really looking forward to being in the forum.

Beverly C:p

chambezio
8th December 2014, 01:15 PM
Mate, you have come to right place!!! And Welcome
This Forum has members who are more than happy to help with your questions on all kinds of issues. Someone somewhere would have knowledge and experience to guide you to a successful outcome

I live in country NSW near a small country town. We are experiencing a very long and very dry spell. Thankfully over the last few days we have had storms that have given us nearly 3" of rain. It has been great to see it but we need a lot more to get back to the way the land needs to be

crowie
8th December 2014, 01:24 PM
G'Day & Welcome to the Great Southern Land and to a top forum "Beverly".
There are quite a few members from across the USA, North America and the rest of the world.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.....
Cheers from On Top DownUnder, crowie

PS - Check out the Toymaking section of the forum also.....

old1955
9th December 2014, 11:20 AM
Welcome to the forum Beverly.

JJF
10th December 2014, 02:34 AM
Welcome to a forum

Christos
17th December 2014, 03:46 PM
Welcome to the forum.

We all start from the first project. Hope you find this site enjoyable and interesting.