PDA

View Full Version : Pom in Perth

realysm42
9th December 2014, 03:31 PM
Hello everyone, I've joined this forum because I have some specific questions on ubeaut products and finishing a York gum burl coffee table I've been working on, so hope to learn from the pros :cool:

Actually I'll quickly ask here to see if I can get a quick answer:

I've sanded, sealed, stained and Tung oiled (2x coats) the table and I really love the way it looks. If I can add a mega shiny and consistent satin shine to it I would be really happy.

Can I just pop some of the EEE ultrashine on top of what I've done to add that sparkle to it? Or would I end up butchering it somehow?

Thanks guys.

crowie
9th December 2014, 04:46 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "realys".
There are a good number of members in Perth and surrounding areas.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork....
Cheers crowie

Sorry can't help answer your question, suggest you put a new thread in the general & finish sections.....

chrisb691
9th December 2014, 06:03 PM
Welcome aboad.

EEE is an abrasive, not a finish. Find usage here (http://www.ubeaut.com.au/eee.htm)

JJF
10th December 2014, 02:32 AM
Welcome to a forum

realysm42
10th December 2014, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

BobL
10th December 2014, 03:52 PM
Welcome aboard.

. . . . .I've sanded, sealed, stained and Tung oiled (2x coats) the table and I really love the way it looks. If I can add a mega shiny and consistent satin shine to it I would be really happy.

"Mega shiny" and "satin shine" are not words that usually go together.

"Mega shiny" usually refers to a gloss or "high reflectivity from all angles" which most oils don't generate and once oiled its difficult to put other stuff over the top.

If you mean "mega smooth" then this does go together with "satin shine" and the more you sand and oil the surface with finer and finer paper the smoother and satiny it will become plus it will develop some reflection property at low angles. Try applying and rubbing the oil in with wet and dry paper of every increasing fineness and eventually you should see it start to reflect.

old1955
10th December 2014, 04:43 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Christos
17th December 2014, 03:54 PM
Welcome to the forum.