PDA

View Full Version : When are the next specials? Carbatec?

Evanism
12th December 2014, 01:30 PM
Anyone happen to know the usual cycles of Jet suppliers? I want to make a purchase (major) and don't want to be caught out.

I've found the uselessness of 30 day post purchase guarantees with Masters.... They simply don't honor them.

cava
12th December 2014, 02:37 PM
Carbatec have a 12 days of Christmas sale on currently, with a new item every day prior to Christmas. However, I don't believe that it will suffice for your major purchase.

Further, their December newsletter has a 10% voucher for this month.

Evanism
12th December 2014, 02:47 PM
Oops, thanks for correcting my post. Sometimes my enthusiasms become vigorous.

Anyone have the CT voucher code? Karma. I deleted the newsletter thinking I wouldn't use it.

What I was keen to avoid is the simple situation where one buys a thing and finds it at substantial discount a few days later...in this case it was 4 clamps and the discount amounted to $44. A small number, but it irritated me to apoloplexy when they refused to honor their own so called guarantee. No other reason than "no". Even when probed and asked why..."no". I despise Masters now.

With the Jet buy, I'm keen on a combo disk/belt sander. It's about $800 now and should one of the Jet suppliers have a pre/post Xmas, new year, boxing day, "noreason" sale typically ....then I can work with that.

I love a good buy and a well haggled price, but there is little negotiated sales culture in Australia and it leaves me deflated. I like the feeling of knowing a deal was struck...not just cash handed over to a faceless corporation :)

Of course, if someone has one second hand, you can be my new hero! :U

cava
12th December 2014, 06:52 PM
No voucher code, and only redeemable in-store.:?

Prle77
15th December 2014, 06:45 PM
Just go to the store, grab the catalogue and on second page there is the voucher
Thats how I've done my purchase last week.. :)