PDA

View Full Version : Paulownia &Ebony

TCP
24th September 2001, 11:14 PM
Are there any timber supplies within the Sydney region sell Paulownia and Ebony?? Are they expensive timber?

Thanks for any help

Roger Peine
26th September 2001, 10:04 AM
Paulownia is used extensively in the .... Wait for it... Caravan industry. Nice and light weight you see... Good starting point would be the yellow pages...Caravan manufacturers, coach builders et cetera.

Iain
26th September 2001, 08:47 PM
Ebony, found a piece a few years ago at Adamd in Melbourne, he quoted a price which I though was for a cubic metre, they were talking about the plank.......
Yes, it is expensive, but with your unlimited student allowance you should be right http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/biggrin.gif

AlexS
27th September 2001, 08:41 AM
Try Canalpie Timbers at Nth Richmond (Sydney) - he often has unusual timbers & is very helpful. Phone is 02 4571 1570

ubeaut
27th September 2001, 09:55 AM
Trend timbers should have the ebony, also look under furniture timber suppliers in the Yellow Pages.

Be warned that most ebony is sold by the weight not by size.

slats
20th November 2004, 12:08 PM
Are there any timber supplies within the Sydney region sell Paulownia and Ebony?? Are they expensive timber?

Thanks for any helpHi I have a business in victoria .I deal in renewable recources regarding timber.
I have an extensive range of paulownia timber. I have a whare house also in
nsw.

Sturdee
20th November 2004, 04:06 PM
Slats,

This thread is THREE years old, I am sure that TCP already has got his timber and is no longer interested. :confused:

Peter.