PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve thanks and a Happy New Year to all

Hermit
31st December 2014, 12:19 AM
Another year over, and I've come to the end of my first year of woodturning, apprenticed to the forums. :)

I'd like to thank everyone who's helped me out over the last year for putting up with my never-ending questions. I'd still be sitting here scratching my head wondering where to start if it wasn't for you guys.
Thank you very much. :clap::clap::clap:

Special thanks to RETIRED, (), and to chuck1, (Charlie), for the hands-on instruction. Much appreciated guys. :2tsup:

Hopefully now that I have a foot in the door I won't need to bother everyone quite so much over the coming year. :wink:

And a Happy New Year to everyone for tomorrow.
Hopefully the coming year will be even better than the last one, with twice as many shavings and perfect, off-the-tool finishes. :cool:

crowie
31st December 2014, 09:42 AM
All the best to you too Steve, glad to hear you're enjoying your new woodwork hobby....
Hope to see you again one day product another beautiful model and or toy; maybe using the new lathe skills....
Keep well good mate, Enjoy each new day and always do something nice for someone just because you can...
cheers Peter

Hermit
31st December 2014, 12:23 PM
All the best to you too Steve, glad to hear you're enjoying your new woodwork hobby....
Hope to see you again one day product another beautiful model and or toy; maybe using the new lathe skills....
Keep well good mate, Enjoy each new day and always do something nice for someone just because you can...
cheers Peter

Thanks Pete. I keep thinking about making the caravan for the VW beetle model, but that's as far as I've got. Gotta order some more 2mm Basswood ply when the budget allows.
It won't happen overnight, but it will happen. :D

Old Croc
31st December 2014, 02:17 PM
And a Happy New Year to everyone as well. I have made only 1 resolution for next year and that is to get on the new lathe thats been in place for 3 months and fire a shot in anger. I will start a new thread on that story but I too like to thank a lot of Fourmites accross different sections for all the help they give me and what I pick up reading other posts and replies.
rgds,
Crocy.

Christos
31st December 2014, 04:11 PM
You have said it very well. Our own experiences can be a limited it is when we venture outside our circle that we explore different possibilities. This forum has done that on many occasions for me.

Happy New Year everyone.

MrFez
31st December 2014, 05:13 PM
Have a happy new year and above all else stay safe. See you all again in 2015.

sparkie54
1st January 2015, 12:49 AM
And the same to all from me
New years resolution is to get into this forum more often
Happy New Year
Chris