PDA

View Full Version : veneers - where to get?

Evanism
6th January 2015, 12:07 PM
Anyone know where I can grab a good range of veneers to start my marquetry adventures?

I thought to give it a crack on a few projects.

Arron
6th January 2015, 06:27 PM
PM sent.
cheers
Arron

Sturdee
6th January 2015, 08:29 PM
Anyone know where I can grab a good range of veneers to start my marquetry adventures?

I thought to give it a crack on a few projects.

Try Peter Scott-Young Veneers of 37 Alexandra Rd, Ringwood East VIC 3135 phone (03) 9870 9739

They regularly advertise n the Australian Woodworker and I've never heard any complaints about them, although I haven't used them myself.

Peter.

Evanism
6th January 2015, 08:43 PM
I'm a bit like others here, in that when I start a new project it gets all a bit overboard REAL fast!

Arron has been unbelievably generous and offered a small sample of his stash. Wow! Many thanks!

I'll go to Amazon and grab some books. The local library had only one, which was duely borrowed.

It's amazing how so much stuff is available OS. I remember a local supplier that advertised here, but I cannot remember who they were for the life of me... Perhaps based in Perth or Darwin?

Master Splinter
6th January 2015, 09:27 PM
Possibly this mob?

http://www.topveneer.com.au/

FenceFurniture
7th January 2015, 09:09 AM
Send John Samuel a PM. He has quite a stash that he was selling, and some pretty nice timber too.

elanjacobs
7th January 2015, 07:23 PM
Timberwood Panels in Melbourne. They mainly do veneer board, but they sell loose leaf veneer if you ask nicely.