PDA

View Full Version : Goodnight Koala

MAPLEMAN
18th January 2015, 10:40 AM
:sleep6:...MM:2tsup:

BobL
18th January 2015, 11:08 AM
I love the way dogs can sleep anywhere and with their tongues hanging out.

Sawdust Maker
18th January 2015, 11:25 AM
if it's a koala - should be sleeping in a tree (with it's tongue hanging out

MAPLEMAN
18th January 2015, 11:33 AM
if it's a koala - should be sleeping in a tree (with it's tongue hanging outYep,it's a koala alright :;...not a tree strong enough to support her weight i'm afraid :C...MM:2tsup:

wolften
18th January 2015, 12:45 PM
...flat out like a lizard drinking

MAPLEMAN
18th January 2015, 08:31 PM
...flat out like a lizard drinking...flat out like a koala drinking :)...MM:2tsup:

MAPLEMAN
15th August 2016, 07:57 PM
My best mate passed away bit over 2 months ago as a result of renal failure :C
Koala was one of those exceptionally friendly dogs, that always seemed to leave an impression upon any one that meet her
She is sorely missed
R.I.P. Koo Koo...MM

Not enough!!
15th August 2016, 09:06 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss Chris, my dog is by far my best friend - they understand us better than any human will, l like the way they argue - (never)

You must miss her so much.

wolften
15th August 2016, 09:12 PM
Sorry to hear Chris. So very hard to lose your best mate.
Keep well.

MAPLEMAN
16th August 2016, 11:09 PM
Cheers Lads
Will get another muttly soon :)
They are simply so good to have around and i am living on a few acres which helps
Pandy needs company too :;
Yep,pets are special...MM:)

KBs PensNmore
20th August 2016, 01:06 AM
Chris, Sorry to hear of your loss, I lost my best mate just on a year ago, so I know how you feel.

Pawprints Left By You

You no longer greet me,
As I walk through the door.
You're not there to make me smile,
To make me laugh anymore.
Life seems quiet without you,
You were far more than a pet.
You were a family member, a friend
... a loving soul I'll never forget.
It will take time to heal
For the silence to go away.
I still listen for you,
And miss you every day.
You were such a great companion,
Constant, loyal and true.
My heart will always wear,
the pawprints left by you.
Teri Harrison
Kryn

CAG
17th September 2016, 09:56 AM
Chris, I'm so sorry to read that Koala has left us. I only read it just now and it's bringing tears to my eyes. Koala was such a terrific dog whenever we visited. Sophie will be upset when I tell her. Rest in peace puppy.

MAPLEMAN
21st September 2016, 01:26 PM
Chris, I'm so sorry to read that Koala has left us. I only read it just now and it's bringing tears to my eyes. Koala was such a terrific dog whenever we visited. Sophie will be upset when I tell her. Rest in peace puppy.Thanks Craig :)
She was a terrific dog...never known a dog that loved people so much as did Koala
She is missed very dearly, mate :C...but life goes on,and still have Pandy to pat :;
Thanks again for posting Craig...MM:2tsup:

artful bodger
5th October 2016, 07:17 PM
If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise.
- UnknownSome days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant.
- Unknown
Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about puppies.
- Gene Hill
In dog years, I'm dead.
- Unknown
To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
- Aldous Huxley
A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives.
- Sue Murphy
I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven't got the guts to bite people themselves.
- August Strindberg
No animal should ever jump up on the dining room furniture unless absolutely certain that he can hold his own in the conversation.
- Fran Lebowitz
Ever consider what they must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul -- chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!
- Anne Tyler
I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.
- Rita Rudner
My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99 cents a can.
That's almost $7.00 in dog money. - Joe Weinstein
If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons.
- James Thurber
You enter into a certain amount of madness when you marry a person with pets. - Nora Ephron
Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.
- Ann Landers
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
- Robert A. Heinlein
In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him.
- Dereke Bruce, Taipei, Taiwan
Of all the things I miss from veterinary practice, puppy breath is one of the most fond memories!
- Dr. Tom Cat
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
- Ben Williams
When a man's best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem.
- Edward Abbey
Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it look like the dog did it.
- Unknown
Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail.
- Unknown
No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does.
- Christopher Morley
A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
- Josh Billings
Man is a dog's idea of what God should be.
- Holbrook Jackson
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. - Andrew A. Rooney
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
- Unknown
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
- Mark Twain
Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane.
- Smiley Blanton
I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts.
- John Steinbeck

MAPLEMAN
6th October 2016, 05:45 PM
Priceless :)
Thank you for posting a.b
Really enjoyed this...MM:2tsup:

artful bodger
6th October 2016, 06:37 PM
No worries mate.
I am on my 6th dog....2 to go if averages are correct.
Cherished every one of them.
Such good dogs.

Bushmiller
6th October 2016, 10:58 PM
Chris

I have to confess I can't recall exactly which one of your dogs Koala was, but to me they are/were all great animals. Loved them all and I am not one who is overly mushy about our canine friends.

I recall there was a puppy at the "all legs" stage last time I visited so perhaps the puppy will go some way to filling the gap.

Regards
Paul

MAPLEMAN
8th October 2016, 11:58 PM
Thanks Paul
I'm thinking the puppy would have been Pandy :)
Koala was a very big dog...she loved her tucker!
Hoping to get another pet in the near future so that Pandy can have a play mate
Will most likely be a 'pound' puppy too
I love dogs that much i don't think i could live without one being around :no:
They are such special beings!
Again,thanks for sharing your thoughts mate
Cheers Chris :)

Jeffen
9th October 2016, 10:28 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss MM. Good to hear you are a rescue dog person!

Regards, Jeff

MAPLEMAN
10th October 2016, 05:01 PM
Thank you Jeff for your post :2tsup:
Appreciate that!
The wind is slowly returning to my sails
Bloody horrible experience losing a pet :C
With time though,the loss becomes a bit easier to deal with.
Look forward to getting another one (would have half a dozen if i could :))
Cheers MM :2tsup:

chambezio
10th October 2016, 05:27 PM
Chris I can sympathies. My old mate was put down in 2000. He was special (well they all are) we still talk about at least weekly in normal conversation. We had him for 17 years and he had been RSPCA rescue. He turned out to be such a great dog!!

We have another "rescue" female dog. Who ever mistreated her has made her into a very insecure dog. If you lift your arm to shoo away flies she is on her back with her tail between her legs. When we first got her she was extremely wary of me. It took some time but we are good mates except for the arm waving. I feel so sorry for her, being "damaged goods". When she is outside with the another dog we have, she acts just like "a dog" with her ears up and sniffing trails in the grass. She looks free. Go outside with her and she will come to you with ears flat and with eyes half shut as though you will smack her. Even though I go out of my way to pat her and tell her everything is alright, she is over submissive due to some bast*** who beat her.

I hope your "new" dog will be as good a mate as Koala

MAPLEMAN
10th October 2016, 09:56 PM
Thanks for your post too Rod :)
Just can't understand how anyone could beat an animal into submission :no:
I have always thought that people should be 'screened' before they can own an animal :~
Hate seeing animals mistreated...all creatures great and small!
Look forward to getting another mate and the concept of 'rescue' dog appeals to me on many levels
Not really fussed what breed it is,as long as i can give it a second chance at life,like you have done with your pets
And boy,17 years is great innings :)
Good onya Rod!
Chuffed you love your pets as much as i love mine...MM:2tsup: